We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fireworks from bridge?

Orlando
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Topic
fireworks from bridge?

Would you be able to see the fireworks on the Hudson while walking back toward Manhattan on the Brooklyn Bridge?

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fireworks from bridge?

I certainly would not expect it. The Brooklyn Bridge crosses the East River, not the Hudson, and it crosses near the southern end of Manhattan. You would have all of the width of Manhattan (with all the buildings) between you and the Hudson, and you would be miles south of where the fireworks are.

Orlando
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: fireworks from bridge?

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping to find a "relatively" decent spot to see the fireworks without having to fight the crowd or wait for several hours. We are doing Central Park earlier in the day and heading to Museum of Natural History in the afternoon. Can you think of somewhere that's not right by the river where you could see the fireworks?

Thanks again :)

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fireworks from bridge?

Yes they will be on ABC channel 7 TV--- or there will be harbor cruises for about $80 per person

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,032 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fireworks from bridge?

Check the rooftop bar of the Fairfield Suites hotel.

…grubstreet.com/2010/06/skyroom_lounge.html

Orlando
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: fireworks from bridge?

No thanks....what's the latest time you would suggest heading toward the river?

Orlando
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: fireworks from bridge?

I only meant no thanks to the ABC channel 7 or paying to go on a harbor cruise. I like your idea NYwhiz. In fact I have been researching for several weeks and I seem to appreciate your posts the most. Thanks again :)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,032 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: fireworks from bridge?

I haven't been up there myself (it just opened). But based on where it is and what they say is visible, they should have good views. ;)

Maryland
Level Contributor
315 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: fireworks from bridge?

Does any know if Sky Room is charging a cover? I'm thinking there just not going to lt people hang around without food or drinks or something? Especially since Hudson Terrace, Circle Line Rooftop are all charging $80 and better at the Hudson

Maryland
Level Contributor
315 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: fireworks from bridge?

Ok, just called Skyroom,waiting for call back regarding if reservations are required and are they booked fully . Will post when reservation manager calls me back (if).

10. Re: fireworks from bridge?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2010, 08:16