We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Trip plans please :)

ontario
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Help with Trip plans please :)

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for some help planning a trip.

FLIGHTS INFO:

I will by flying from Buffalo, and prefer non stop flights. I found pacakge deals to be cheaper. The dates we are looking at currently are Dec 17 -20.

HOTEL: Clean place to stay. Don't need anything fancy, just a clean place to sleep at night and wash up in the morning. I would prefer to be "in the middle of it all" Which to me would mean walking distance to Time Square, Madison Avenue (shopping), Rockafeller, etc. If possible.

PRICE: For 2 of us light and hotel less than 1200.00 I have found some for this price and lower, but woule like to have some insight on what everyone thinks.

Suggestions on things to do/see places to eat?

Mentioned in this post
Buffalo
Buffalo
New York
Time Square Apartments
Time Square Apartments
27 Reviews
New York City, NY
Madison Avenue
Madison Avenue
318 Reviews
New York City, NY
Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Trip plans please :)

1200/night?

Rockefeller, not Rockafeller.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
818 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with Trip plans please :)

I believe the $1200 is for round-trip airfare from buffalo and three nights hotel in m id-December for two people.

Edited: 06 July 2010, 16:49
ontario
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with Trip plans please :)

Thanks for clarifying.

Yes under 1200.00 flight hotel 2 people on the specified dates, or any weekend prior in December. Friday - Monday.

Sorry for my spelling. I was quickly typing out my information while I am at work :) Apparhently multi-tasking is not my strong suit.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with Trip plans please :)

hey, my fiancee and I are making that trip this week, leaving Friday and coming back Monday. We are also flying from Buffalo. Airfare + 3 nights at the Doubletree Metropolitan came up to about $850. I got the hotel via Priceline ($105/night) and bought each way of the airfare separately. Our preference was to fly in and out of Laguardia, but leaving it was cheaper (and more choices) to leave from JFK. We are landing in Laguardia.

Mentioned in this post
Buffalo
Buffalo
New York
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Metropolitan - New York City
DoubleTree by Hilton...
5,355 Reviews
New York City, NY
LaGuardia Airport
LaGuardia Airport
East Elmhurst, NY
ontario
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with Trip plans please :)

really? I will have to check it out, see where the hotel is located :)

ontario
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with Trip plans please :)

My prices will most likely be a lot more going during the holiday season. I hear rates are higher since it is a high time to go to New Work around Xmas.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with Trip plans please :)

Regarding things to do, have you read our FAQ page on must-see's and must-do's?

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60763-s409/New-York-…

If you want more specific recommendations beyond that, you need to give us more detail about you and your interests. There's no point in sending you in search of a museum dedicated to Himalayan art, for instance, if the mere thought puts you to sleep.

And ditto restaurants: there are more than 20,000 restaurants in NYC, spanning a huge number of cuisines and ranging from $5/person takeout joints to $500/person world-class restaurants. You need to tell us what you're looking for if you want specific recommendations.

Mentioned in this post
Brewster, New York
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help with Trip plans please :)

Doubletree Metropolitan hotel is located at 569 Lexington Ave. (Google it). Definitely walkable distance to all midtown sites you mentioned.

Mentioned in this post
DoubleTree by Hilton...
5,355 Reviews
New York City, NY
The Lexington Hotel, Autograph Collection
The Lexington Hotel...
4,111 Reviews
New York City, NY
Oklahoma
Level Contributor
67 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help with Trip plans please :)

Teamdoubled, I am wondering how you were able to get that rate with Priceline for the Doubletree Metropolitan? I have not had much luck with Priceline. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
DoubleTree by Hilton...
5,355 Reviews
New York City, NY
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help with Trip plans please :)

I just started bidding from $65 with increments of 5s for hotels of at least 3.5stars in the city. I also looked at the bids reported by users in this forum …yuku.com/forums/68/t/New-York-State-New-Yor…