We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in December

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
46 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels in December

Hi. Planning a trip for December 8th to 12th, 2 females (late 20s). Never been to New York but have always wanted to go around Christmas time. I've noticed this must be peak season b/c rates are much higher then than they are now. We were hoping to get a "decent, clean" hotel for around $250 to $300 a night in a safe and close to transporation area. Originally thinking of Central Park area or possibly times square? I'm not sure this will be possible, does anyone know if there will be better deals closer to travel date (travelzoo and other discount type sites). We plan on seeing a show every night so this may also come in play when chosing somewhere to stay (as far as location). Thanks for your help. Sorry this is somewhat lengthy, I just have no idea what to expect planning a trip to New York.

Birmingham, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,851 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in December

The first couple of weeks of December are some of the most expensive times for NYC hotel rooms. If you can change your dates to one week later, you can find places in Manhattan within your budget. If you must stay the dates you posted, your best option would be the Country Inn & Suites in Long Island City. You can each get your own king bed room and be under your posted budget, or share a room and have more to spend on shows, dining and shopping. A king, city view room is $115 per night, or a room with 2 queen beds is $140. This hotel is a short walk to the subway which will get you the theater district in about 10-15 minutes. You get a free continental breakfast and free internet. It is also very close to LGA and JFK airports. These rates are cancelleable up to two days prior to arrival, so you can book now and look for other options closer to where you were wanting to be. I haven't stayed there, but it is highly recommended on this forum.

2. Re: Hotels in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2011, 07:17