We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYC Dinner Cruise - Spirit or Bateaux

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
198 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
NYC Dinner Cruise - Spirit or Bateaux

I live in NY and I've never been on a dinner cruise around Manhattan. It's something I've always wanted to do. A friend of mine recently went on the Bateaux and loved it but said there is not much room to walk out on deck. I'm looking for something that can offer dinner & dancing & great views. Any suggestions between the 2, Spirit or Bateaux? Thanks so much.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,241 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NYC Dinner Cruise - Spirit or Bateaux

I went on a lunch cruise on Bateaux which was nice but I couldn't see much room for dancing. Your friend was right in that you can go outside but it is not a large area.

England
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NYC Dinner Cruise - Spirit or Bateaux

Have done Bateaux, enjoyed, we did evening cruise and there is a dance floor which was well used, this was helped by the fact that the group of live musicians were of a very good standard.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,971 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NYC Dinner Cruise - Spirit or Bateaux

Bateaux is supposed to be much better food and I think it's more formal. The dancing area is small as is the outdoor space but the views from all tables are better because of it. Have a look at the layout of the different boats on their website. Both are run by the same co. The Spirit cruises are larger boats with multiple decks.

bateauxnewyork.com

4. Re: NYC Dinner Cruise - Spirit or Bateaux

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 August 2010, 14:35
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
198 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NYC Dinner Cruise - Spirit or Bateaux

Thank you all for the replies!

belfast
Level Contributor
3 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NYC Dinner Cruise - Spirit or Bateaux

Hi. Which did you choose in the end as we are planning the same thing? Can you give me all the low-down on it? Thanks. Brendan

elsewhere
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: NYC Dinner Cruise - Spirit or Bateaux

I'm wondering the same thing, although I am happy to take NYwhiz's advice.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: NYC Dinner Cruise - Spirit or Bateaux

We returned from NYC last week - got discounted tickets via Goldstar (who also sell Bateaux and Spirit tickets) we chose the Jazz Dinner cruise with World Yacht Cruises on the Duchess. We loved it and it was one of the highlights of our visit. Food was good, staff friendly and there was a lovely atmosphere with the live jazz - there was plenty of room to dance. Excellent views from the windows and from on deck.

belfast
Level Contributor
3 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: NYC Dinner Cruise - Spirit or Bateaux

Thanks for that. Do you have any other tips? B

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: NYC Dinner Cruise - Spirit or Bateaux

I've posted the first part of my trip report today titled trip report 26 October. Message me if you have any specific q's. For dinner cruises register with goldstar and check several times a week for the dates you want.