We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best coffee in NYC

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
335 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Best coffee in NYC

I am heading to NYC for the third time in December. I will be checking out the FAQ's section for thing to do at that time of year, and what it's like in winter etc. However I do have one question I must ask.

Where does one go for decent coffee in NYC? I don't drink it alot, but when I do-I want a decent one. And I find whenever I travel to the USA, I miss decent coffee.

So do any of the coffee drinkers on the forum have any suggestions for where to go for a decent coffee? It would be a bonus (but not a requirement) if they also serve good food!

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best coffee in NYC

nytimes.com/2010/03/10/dining/10coffee.html

an article about just that...

Edited: 22 August 2010, 18:30
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
335 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best coffee in NYC

Thanks, that articles was very helpful. And it looks like one of the ones that I'd like to try won't be to far from where I am staying! Can you recommend any of them personally?

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best coffee in NYC

unfortnately no, I'm no coffee connesuir and not from NY, just googled your question. I'm just a starbucks on the go kinda guy, good luck though with your quest for the perfect coffee! :-)

Wilkes-Barre...
Level Contributor
602 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best coffee in NYC

Abraco is really good and they have a olive oil cake that everyone talks about. It is really quite yummy.

Joe The Art of Coffee is excellent and they have a stand in Grand Central.

Stumptown Coffee is quite tasty as well and one that is not listed is Oren's which they sell their beans in Grand Central and have many locations in the city which sell the coffee made. ( http://www.orensdailyroast.com/)

Viennesse Coffee is really a wonderful treat at Cafe Sabarsky near the Met - here is my blog post with photos :

…blogspot.com/search/label/cafe%20sabarsky

Have a great time searching for the best cup in the city!!

Cleveland, UK
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best coffee in NYC

unfortunately i don't have the exact location, maybe one of the locals can help..? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUPDRnUWeBA

you're welcome!! :)

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,844 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best coffee in NYC

Good question, Catoz.

I looked up abraco's website: abraconyc.com

olive oil cake

brioche cinnamon buns

rose almond cookie

lemon cornmeal cake

Looks wonderful. They have one location and it's at 86 E 7th St.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
132 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best coffee in NYC

For great espresso, lattes, cappuccino etc I can strongly recommend Zibetto Espresso Bar. There is one on 6th near 56th (didn't go to it though) and one at 102 Fulton Street in the Financial District. I enjoyed several wonderful coffees at this place, and I do love my coffee. It is a stand up espresso bar like you'd find in Italy and the coffee is superb!

Dee

Peak District...
Level Contributor
432 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best coffee in NYC

www.portorico.com.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
335 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best coffee in NYC

I can't believe I missed all these other replies, thanks for all the great suggestions. I will make sure to make a note of them before I head over in a months time. Can't wait to try some of them out!

Am living in London at the moment and have had coffee issues here, and have been surviving by going to a coffee cart outside my local tube station that is staffed by two french guys who make AMAZING coffee (possibly even better than the coffee back home in melbourne, dare I say it!)

London, United...
Level Contributor
264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best coffee in NYC

Gregorys Coffee (58 West 44th Street) gets my vote

http://www.gregoryscoffee.com