We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southgate Tower Hotel

Perth Western...
Level Contributor
311 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Southgate Tower Hotel

I am still trying to find suitable accomodation in New York for two couples. Can anyone recommend the Southgate Tower one bedroom suite and is it suitable for a couple in the bedroom and a couple on the bed settee or even if there are two beds in the one room to move one into the lounge for a couple of days so that each couple have their privacy. It sounds like a nice place and to have a kitchenette would be an advantage

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,148 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Southgate Tower Hotel

Shezzac---Did you see Carpenter's post to you? If not, she gave you a great webpage on where to get help in finding inexpensive accomodations. I, also, have found 5 hotels in Queens that might work with your budget. If interested, please post back. Also, have you read the reviews posted here re: Southgate Tower Hotel?

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,148 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Southgate Tower Hotel

Just glanced at the Southgate reviews---looks good. If your budget can handle it, then I'd say "go for it"! If you're looking for cheaper options, as I said, post back.

Perth Western...
Level Contributor
311 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Southgate Tower Hotel

Thanks SueFee really appreciate your time and effort. We are still waiting to get some prices but being now a quad share even though we still do have separate rooms might work out okay.

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,148 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Southgate Tower Hotel

You're welcome, Shezzac! Your plan sounds good. However, should you decide you want more hotel info, do let me know.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,888 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Southgate Tower Hotel

Shezzac, you can't move furniture around. You can either get a suite with 2 double/queen beds in the bedroom so you all have proper beds (but no privacy) OR you can get a suite with one big bed in the bedroom and the sofa bed for 2 in the living room For a few nights it's not bad, but not great for adults.

But I thought I read you were looking for a room for 4 for $75. That's just not doable, not even in a hostel. Which brings me to my point, someone posted about staying in a private rooms at the YMCA Vanderbilt (near Grand Central) and said it was fine. $35/person/night though.

south australia
Level Contributor
159 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Southgate Tower Hotel

Hi shezzac,

just to let you know that we will be staying at the southgate tower hotel in april and our travel agent was able to get us a much better deal there than any I could find on the net including their own website. Its worth asking your travel agent about prices.....we are doing a round the world trip and i have extensively researched all our accomodation on the net and about half of the accomodation we chose the travel agent was able to get a much better price for us. We used Harvey world travel in Adelaide and I think she booked with qantas holidays.

Perth Western...
Level Contributor
311 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Southgate Tower Hotel

nywhiz

We were looking at paying around 70-80 AUS each not for all of us. Thanks for your comments.

AussieKaye

Thanks for that info, have called a couple of travel agents and are waiting for them to get back to me. Will be interested to see what you think of it but it certainly looks great on the net and also in the brochure so dont think you can go wrong.