We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant reservations

Belfast
Level Contributor
480 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant reservations

I am surprised by the numbers of people on this forum who have already made reservations in advance of their trip.

Is this expected or are there plenty or restaurants around where we can just walk in off the street. We don't intend eating in any of the exclusive places such as River Cafe, where I can understand reservations are required, but would like to try a few mid price range Italian/American/bistro type places.

We're staying midtown area.

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant reservations

There are 22,000 restaurants in New York City---- it is a rare occasion when we make a reservation in advance.. There are some high end places where you must make a reservation 30 days in advance but the vast majority are walk in off the street.

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant reservations

Most places you can walk right in, especially if you are not at peak hours or if you don't mind waiting a bit for a table. Unless I want to go to a very exclusive place, I either don't make reservations at all, or I call the day before or earlier the same day.

Belfast
Level Contributor
480 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant reservations

Great thanks. Can't wait to get there next week.

4. Re: Restaurant reservations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2011, 07:21