We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thank You NYC!

Chicago
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Thank You NYC!

Hi Everyone,

I was only able to spend a day and a half in your city but I loved it! I took the Gray Line Hop On/Hop Off tour from the Waldorf Astoria and it took me to everywhere I wanted to see in such a short stay. I would suggest it for others in the same type of situation.

The cost was only $44 for 24 hours of access to the Gray Line tour and it took me to Times Square, Central Park, Ground Zero, Greenwich Village, The U. N., etc. I used the FREE Staten Island Ferry to see the Statue of Liberty. That was awesome! Thank you Trip Advisors for suggesting the SIF to view Lady Liberty.

I went to the Today show on Tuesday morning and shook Al Roker's hand, Ann Curry gave me a hug and I was on tv - perfect for a tourist! LOL

Thanks again for all of your suggestions. As for the inevitable "Where should I go for NY's Eve - TGI Friday's or Olive Garden?" My answer, neither, because I scoped them both out during my visit since I thought I wanted to do that for NY's Eve sometime in the future. Go to Bubba Gump's so you can actually see the ball or stay in your hotel room and watch it on tv because the wind whips thru Times Square and you'll freeze and you CANNOT go to the bathroom anywhere unless you buy something. Then, you probably won't get back in to where you were standing as one of NY's finest told me.

Thanks again and I can't wait until my next trip to NYC!

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,972 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Thank You NYC!

I'll just point out for future visitors that $8.50 would have bought a full day of travel on the NYC transit system, which is a lot faster and more efficient than the HOHOs. That doesn't make them better, per se, just different.

Glad you had such a great day in our city. Come again!

New York, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
5,122 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thank You NYC!

Al and Ann ? What a welcoming committee.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
27,254 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thank You NYC!

Glad you had a nice time.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,845 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thank You NYC!

Sounds like you had a real nice time BeachDuck........

5. Re: Thank You NYC!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2011, 07:23