We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat house in Central Park- lunch or early dinner?

Canada
Level Contributor
400 posts
Save Topic
Boat house in Central Park- lunch or early dinner?

Planning the trip to New York city and would like to go to Boat house in Central Park.

Would you recommend Sunday brunch or dinner? When is the best time to go?

They have menu on their site, but no prices...

Thank you for your advise...

http://www.montreallisting.ca

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
1,483 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat house in Central Park- lunch or early dinner?

The view is one of the prime reasons to go, so it depends on the time of year. I wouldn't go to dinner there after dark, and keep in mind that in December, it gets dark before 5 PM. When is your trip?

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
83 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat house in Central Park- lunch or early dinner?

if the weather is sunny, the brunch is fantastic! but book really in advance, specially the first rank of tables on the water!

Canada
Level Contributor
400 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat house in Central Park- lunch or early dinner?

I called them to book, but was advised that I can't make reservation for brunch , only for dinner...

Canada
Level Contributor
400 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat house in Central Park- lunch or early dinner?

Yeah, I am torn between brinch and 6 pm dinner...Next week.

elsewhere
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat house in Central Park- lunch or early dinner?

I was also going to mention that ... no reservations for weekend brunch. They do take reservations for lunch during the week, though, if you'd like to go during the afternoon.

Be aware that the wait for a table for weekend brunch can be long. The last time we went (on a glorious October afternoon in 2009), we waited about an hour and 45 minutes. I can't remember exactly what time we arrived, but it was after 12. Getting there earlier would probably be a shorter wait.

We love the Boathouse. The setting, the view, the ambience, the vibe, the rowboats and gondolas. Oh, and the food and service are very good, too!

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boat house in Central Park- lunch or early dinner?

The brunch is fine--- but I would say the dinner is nothing special. Without the view it is just another place.

The Sea
Level Contributor
1,629 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Boat house in Central Park- lunch or early dinner?

It's a great little place and getting there is half the fun. If the wait for a table is too long, try to get a place at the bar facing the lake. We had a wonderful lunch while sitting at the bar and taking in the atmosphere.

8. Re: Boat house in Central Park- lunch or early dinner?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2011, 06:18