We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Statue of LIberty with Crown Access Duration Question

Englewood, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Statue of LIberty with Crown Access Duration Question

It's been a long time since I've been to the Crown of the Statue of Liberty, and when I went, I had to wait in a long line and it took a long time. But, now I see you can purchase advance tickets. By doing so, does this eliminate the long lines and wait times? Or, is there still a long wait etc? To visit the Statue of Liberty and go up to the Crown, how much time should I allow, including boat time there and back from Battery Park? Essentially, I'd like to plan other things for our NYC visit and just trying to figure out how to schedule all that we might want to see and do, and knowing estimated duration times will help. Thanks so much for your information.

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
137 reviews
from US$175.00*
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,115 reviews
from US$199.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
999 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,388 reviews
from US$36.00*
London, United...
Level Contributor
375 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Statue of LIberty with Crown Access Duration Question

I did the trip this week I would say allow 2 hours.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,857 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Statue of LIberty with Crown Access Duration Question

Much, much more than two hours if you need to inculde the security time and the boat back and forth. The initial security line itself can take two hours.

Edited: 01 September 2010, 17:01
London, United...
Level Contributor
375 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Statue of LIberty with Crown Access Duration Question

We went through security in 5 minutes. We were on the first ferry across, maybe it depends on the time of day.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,857 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Statue of LIberty with Crown Access Duration Question

It does depend on time of day. Early in the morning is better. How long was the ferry ride itself? I haven't done it in a long time.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Statue of LIberty with Crown Access Duration Question

You MUST buy crown access passes way in advance. The first date I see is Sept 24,

London, United...
Level Contributor
375 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Statue of LIberty with Crown Access Duration Question

Around 10-15 minutes...

7. Re: Statue of LIberty with Crown Access Duration Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2011, 06:16