We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red Sox merchandise

UK
11 posts
Save Topic
Red Sox merchandise

Hi guys

I guess I am going to get flamed by some on here for this but: does anyone know if there is anywhere in Manhattan I can buy Red Sox merchandise? (e.g. Modells).

Last time I was in New York City I manged to get some Blue Jays as this is my brother's team. I'm not sure if it is as easy to pick up Red Sox items.

Unfortunately for me I won't have any time to get up to Boston where I know a couple of great stores.

Failing that I will just have to buy off mlb.compaying double due to shipping charges!

Cheers,

Andrew

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
133 reviews
from US$175.00*
Special Offer
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,099 reviews
from US$199.00*
US$214.00
New York in One Day Guided...
970 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,372 reviews
from US$36.00*
new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Red Sox merchandise

You can come look at all my stuff---- If anywhere Modells would be the best choice. You may get a few snickers and wise cracks from the help but business is business. Don't worry there are lots of us Sox fans in the city . Call us if you need an armed guard.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Red Sox merchandise

Have you tried the "Third Place and Sinking Fast" store?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,170 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Red Sox merchandise

Mel, I thought it was the "8 games behind and not a chance" shop that carried a better range?

New York, NY
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Red Sox merchandise

Models should have something you can burn, I mean wear.

My partner is from Boston, his family are Sox fans,

Hard to beleive, but there are more sox fans in NYC than in the city of Boston (not the metro area, just city to city comparisons)

The Riveria Resturant, 7tth ave south at Christopher, is a red sox bar/resturant.

Edited: 03 September 2010, 13:27
UK
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Red Sox merchandise

Thanks guys...and for the banter!

It could have all been so different. My first ever live game was Red Sox @ Yankees 2008. I didn't really know what was going on (The British snipe of "oh it's just an American version of rounders" is pretty wide of the mark) but I enjoyed the fact you could take beer to the seats!

My second game was Yankees @ Red Sox 2009. Got to be honest with you Fenway just grabbed me. Right now I am very quickly learning the intricacies of the game via mlb.tv and ESPN America here in the UK.

My bro said that I have to choose a team within 2 years of my first game and stick to them, so, it's got to be the Red Sox I'm afraid (with a soft spot for the Giants who I saw this summer in SF).

Now I am fighting this internal battle of loving New York as a City but being forced to hate the Yankees.

Thanks again for the info. bilmin09, I will keep your armed guard offer in mind.

Al-NYC - got to admit I'm surprised there is a Red Sox bar in NYC! I'm pretty sure a rival football bar over here would be smashed up in no time. Hey-ho I suppose we must be hooligans!

Andrew

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Red Sox merchandise

There are actually many many red sox bars in the city. You have to understand that a large portion of the New York College population comes from Boston and a large portion of the Boston college population comes from New York (even though we try to control that population). This is not complete or fully up to date but here are some

www.bostonspastime.com/fans/hangouts.html

PS Mel How about them Knicks ?

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Red Sox merchandise

BIll. Who are these Knicks that you speak of? I vaguely recall the team from the mists of time. Folks like Bradley, Clyde, Pearl, DeBussere and of course Willis. Do the Knicks still play hoops?

Man, when the Nets [Nyets] come to BK, I am so gonna become a Nets fan.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Killington
Level Contributor
2,087 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Red Sox merchandise

Thanks for the link, bilmin. That's a good resource generally.

Hey, Phebe's is on that list! Mildly surprised that place is still around. (After all, CBs is not!) Used to go there at 4 AM back when I lived in the city.

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Red Sox merchandise

Mel -- I just read that the new owner is going to change the name when they finally make it over to our nabe---given his background it will probably be the

Cosmonots or the Bolshoids or something else quite Russian.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Red Sox merchandise

"My first ever live game was Red Sox @ Yankees 2008. I didn't really know what was going on (The British snipe of "oh it's just an American version of rounders" is pretty wide of the mark) but I enjoyed the fact you could take beer to the seats!"

I think you would need some beers to watch the Red Sox ;-)