We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tipping dial 7

kent
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
tipping dial 7

booked a car for $53 JFK to Manhattan how much will it be with toll and tip I was thinking $70 is that correct ?

Millbrook, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,720 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tipping dial 7

A yellow taxi is only $45, plus toll and tip (around $60). If you choose to stick with the car, $70 sounds about right.

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tipping dial 7

You are right on.

kent
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tipping dial 7

I booked this car as my son has spine problems and the car booked is comfortable for him, Thankyou for the information .

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tipping dial 7

You should look for the red flyers beside the airport phone at the airport. They give you 6$ off for rides out of the airport. You just have to call with your flyer, your confirmation number and they will give you another number you will write on your flyer to get the discount.

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tipping dial 7

$70 seems just about right

kent
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tipping dial 7

Thankyou all so much, most helpful.

New York City
Level Contributor
1,451 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tipping dial 7

those flyers exclude certain times of day (I think from mid afternoon to early evening) so may not be useful....Also, to have to telephone and change your reservation number may mean waiting longer for another car....not worth saving $6.00 in my opinion anyway

8. Re: tipping dial 7

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2011, 07:33