We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manhattan Nightlife

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
563 posts
Save Topic
Manhattan Nightlife

So my questions are coming thick and fast now! Sorry to be a pain. Im planning on a night in williamsburg when were here in december, but id also like to sample some of the manhattan nightlife one evening too.

Where is popular in Manhattan midweek? It will probably be a wednesday night after we have been on the world yacht. We like fancy cocktails bars and some nice dancy music. We are both 26 so like something suited to our age range. Any reccomendations? Also how strict is the door policy in manhattan? Im not saying we are horrendous but we certainly arent of the supermodel standard, and are worried about being turned away?

Best regards

Amanda

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
563 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Manhattan Nightlife

Also wondering what time it gets busy? Over here thinks dont pick up until after 11 but know in europe can be busy anytime after 7! Im a real newbie at this!

Thanks in advance

Amanda

New York, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
5,105 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manhattan Nightlife

You could try this:

http://www.touchnewyorkcity.com/index.php

or this:

http://www.cieloclub.com/fr_web/root.php

Don't worry too much, if you smile and are pleasant (willing to joke and laugh) most places will let you in even if there is a line. Workers, authors, photographers, artist, even actors are not all extraordinarly beautiful either , plus on the week days lines will be more scarce 10:30- 11 is probably a good time to show up.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,158 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manhattan Nightlife

Maybe I haven't found them, but "cocktail bars and dancy music" along with Williamsburg (which I know was a previous thread) just don't seem to mix.

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
563 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Manhattan Nightlife

Thanks guys, MTI those websites are great, ill have a good look through!

Mark, im not looking for those things in Williamsburg, ive said im doing Williamsburg on the monday nights, and im looking for something cocktail bar style in manhattan for the wednesday.

Thanks again

Amanda

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manhattan Nightlife

Check out the swanky Campbell Apartment in Grand Central Station. Here are the Yelp reviews to help you make a choice.

yelp.com/biz/the-campbell-apartment-new-york

But, yeah, I'd likely be found drinking beer with Mark in WBurg than worrying about a velvet rope.

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
563 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Manhattan Nightlife

Thanks mel

It looks beautiful in there, think we'l definately try to get in! and we'l be in williamburg one nite too, so look out for 2 overdressed english girls haha

thanks again

amanda

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Manhattan Nightlife

Amanda - there is nothing wrong with a little variety. There are places for that little black dress, and other places for the ripped jeans and tee shirt. The key is to have fun in both places.

Besides, we won't care what you are wearing, as we are all smitten with the accident. One "Ooooh Lovely" and we are yours.

MEL

essex
Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Manhattan Nightlife

smitten with the accident?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Manhattan Nightlife

If you go to

blackbookmag.com/guides/new_york/nightlife

and scroll down to "Browse By Feature," they have listings for which places are best on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, etc.

In general, clubs in the Meatpacking District are more see-and-be-seen than clubs elsewhere in Manhattan, such as the Lower East Side.

Edited: 13 September 2010, 13:24
London, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Manhattan Nightlife

Me and the missus are visiting in November and i was wondering what the DEEP HOUSE nightlife is like? I have searched the internet but only come up with CIELO on a Wednesday.

Could anyone point us in the direction of any bars/venues where they play soulful/deep house?

Many Thanks