We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Christmas market/hours

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
436 posts
Save Topic
Best Christmas market/hours

We would like to walk around one of the markets on our first night in town. First, which one do you like the best? I'm trying to decide between Bryant Park or Union Square. I'm leaning towards an early dinner at Union Square Cafe, then a walk through the markets after dinner. Does anybody know what time the markets close usually? Is going after dinner an option?

Thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Christmas market/hours

In terms of what there is to buy, it's really six of one, a half-dozen of the other. Bryant Park has the ice rink, so that adds an atmospheric element, but Union Square has better restaurants and more interesting neighborhoods nearby.

They both wrap up around 8:

…about.com/od/citylife1/tp/nycshopholiday.htm

Edited: 15 September 2010, 14:49
new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Christmas market/hours

see if this helps--- it may be from last year I didn't check the dates but it will give you an idea of the times

nymag.com/guides/holidays/holidayshopping/

England
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Christmas market/hours

For the actual market and atmosphere,we prefer Bryant Square.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,957 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Christmas market/hours

I'd do the market first then dinner wherever you decide.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
436 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Christmas market/hours

Good idea, NYWhiz. If they close at eight we'd have to eat super early to get through them in time.

6. Re: Best Christmas market/hours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2011, 04:17