We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North Bergan to NYC

Horse Cave, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
North Bergan to NYC

We're staying at the Super8 in North Bergan and the motel website stated that the bus stops in front of the hotel and takes you into the city. I would like to know if it was feasible to go freshen up at the motel, or if the bus ride would take a long time. We have a limited amount of time and want to squeeze as much in as possible.

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: North Bergan to NYC

Go freshen up at the motel when? After spending the day in the city and then going back for dinner?

You didn't research how to get to the city before deciding to stay there?

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
7,542 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North Bergan to NYC

You would really do best to call your hotel and ask.

P.S. You're staying in North Bergen, NJ

Edited: 17 September 2010, 16:52
Horse Cave, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: North Bergan to NYC

I just picked some random motel to stay in...that's what I did. Of course I researched, I just wanted to know if anyone had useful information about how long a bus ride would be from north bergan to nyc

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: North Bergan to NYC

You are making the classic mistake of believing what they tell you to get your business---- this is a horrible place to stay and none of us would ever take that bus ride. If you can cancel you should look somewhere else for your dates. How about the Super 8 on 4th avenue in Brooklyn-- a block from the subway--- If you insist on not changing your reservations I would suggest going into the city early in the day and carrying a backpack with things to "freshen up with" and going back late at night. going back to the motel to do so would be absurd.

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: North Bergan to NYC

you need to do better research--- it indeed is a "random motel"

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: North Bergan to NYC

"useful information about how long a bus ride would be from north bergan to nyc"

That "useful information" should have been very close to the top of your alleged research

Edited: 17 September 2010, 16:57
new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: North Bergan to NYC

It says on their web site that they have a round trip shuttle to the city. Did you ask about that ? There probably is a cost but I would explore that first... secondly to try and ask your first question--- the place appears to sit on top of the LincolnTunnel and the time of day will have a lot to do with giving you an accurate answer--- that tunnel is often backed up considerably during rush hour so you could be looking at 15 minutes or an hour and 15 minutes depending on traffic. how did you ever find this place ?

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
5,032 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: North Bergan to NYC

I think I have seen that place going through the tunnel. Looks like a by the hour type hotel. I wouldn't stay there if you paid me. GET ANOTHER HOTEL.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: North Bergan to NYC

Have you looked at the reviews on here?

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g46679-d1237…

Some people say that the shuttle takes 10 minutes, others say it takes 25 minutes.

Edited: 17 September 2010, 17:19
Horse Cave, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: North Bergan to NYC

Thanks Crans. I actually found the motel on tripadvisor. Thought it would be a cheaper alternative than staying in nyc.