We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top of the Rock

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
120 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Top of the Rock

Is it necessary to pre book TOTR tickets before coming over. I have already booked SOL and crown tickets. I f we wait until we get there 4th Oct are we going to be disappointed? Also, is the art/rock tour worth doing?

Thanks.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Top of the Rock

No need to pre book - we waited less than 5 minutes to buy our tickets. There are always (usually!!) people with flyers as you approach for discounted tickets.

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,276 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Top of the Rock

Just walked up to the pay booth Monday just gone, did not book, no waiting, cost $21 each adult. Asked if we wanted a map of the outline of the skyline and got charged $2, which I thought was a bit of a cheek.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,543 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Top of the Rock

While it is not necessary to book in advance it might be a good idea, before you come, to put Top of the Rock discount coupon into a search engine and see what comes up. ( Do this with other attractions as well) A dollar here and a dollar there can add up!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
120 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Top of the Rock

Thanks for that, and the advanced warning about the map!

icf
stoke on trent
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Top of the Rock

The second time we went to TOTR there was'nt a single person at the ticket desk,and tbh we found the map very informative but thats a matter of opinion,

Darren,

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Top of the Rock

I wouldn't book in advance. Suppose you do and it's raining that day? You'll want to be up there on a clear day. We just walked right up and bought tickets when we went. Maybe a 5 minute wait.

7. Re: Top of the Rock

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2011, 05:17