We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wintuk advice

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
559 posts
Save Topic
Wintuk advice

Good Afternoon

Im just after a bit guidance, ive seen Wintuk advertised and im quite interested in seeing it. Ive heard people say its not the best Cirque du soleil performance, but this would be my first so im not too worried about that. Does this show sell out or is it worth booking now for december? Also does anyone know if there are ever promotion codes?

One more question! I arrive on the sunday 12th at about 1pm. Is it viable to do a show this night? I.e would i have enough time between landing and show starting?

Best regards

Amanda

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
34,830 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wintuk advice

I haven't seen the show and don't know about discount codes BUT while timewise, unless there is a major delay in landing you would be able to do the show at night. However, I wouldn't. You are coming in from England. You are landing at 1PM NY time which is 6PM YOUR time. ( you wished me "good afternoon, I just woke up!) By the time the show starts it is going to be the middle of the night for your body clock. I think your first night should be more of an interactive activity, not just sitting in a show where it is more easy for you to fall asleep.

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
559 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wintuk advice

Yeah thats what i thought! But wasnt sure if it was enough to keep me awake!

Thanks for the advice, i really fancy seeing this show. Hope its good!

Best Regards

Amanda

New York, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
5,051 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wintuk advice

I would wait, for discounts. You can look here:

broadwaybox.com/shows/wintuk_cirque_du_solei…

We were considering wintuk last winter when we had family visiting and there was a discount offer then. We didn't end up seeing this show so I'm not sure if it will keep you awake. As previously stated time shouldn't be a factor. You will reach your hotel most likely between (2:30-4:30pm or) 14:30-16:30 (this is leaving room for delays already) and the show won't start until @ 19:00-20:00 (or 7-8pm).

Edited: 21 September 2010, 14:06
Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
559 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Wintuk advice

Great thanks,

We were also thinking about doing this on the wednesday, but had set this evening aside to see a broadway show. We are now thinking about doing wintuk instead.

Regards

Amanda

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wintuk advice

The day of arrival really should have a non timed event between delays fatigue and other factors coming in and having to worry about making any ticketed event is really not a good idea--- it seems like you have a lot of time but so much can and does happen in the world of international travel that you are best advised to just do something that if you don't make it on time it is no big deal.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,427 posts
755 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wintuk advice

I just booked 8 tickets to Wintuk for my 2 kids and some family in New York as a Christmas present. Hopefully the kids enjoy it. I haven't heard much about the show but I'll post a report on it once I see it. I did hear however this was the last year for the show.....

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,553 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wintuk advice

The poster who started this thread has just posted a trip report and said they didn't much enjoy the show. Reviews have been cool at best but maybe the kids will ike it.

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wintuk advice

saintba--- if you have already purchased the tickets why worry--- just go and have a good time. For as many that don't like it you can probably find an equal number that don't.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,427 posts
755 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wintuk advice

NYWhiz,

Yeah, I just got it for the kids. I'm not worried at all about it. I can't imagine they wouldn't enjoy it. We also got front row tickets to the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular show which I've heard good things about.

Happy holidays all.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,825 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wintuk advice

Cirque du Soleil's Michael Jackson: The Immortal opens in nyc April 3, 2012. You might want to wait for that..... :)