We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LIVE Trip Report - 22nd - 27th September

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,153 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
LIVE Trip Report - 22nd - 27th September

As I am the resident geek in this forum, it would be wrong for me NOT to do a Live trip report.

From now to Monday night I'll talk c**p about what I have done and what I have eaten, drank, seen etc.

Right now, I'm sat at London Heathrow, having a pint of cider, waiting for Delta Flight 4 departure. Should start boarding in about 30 minutes from now.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: LIVE Trip Report - 22nd - 27th September

Have a fantastic trip.

Eagerly awaiting your first proper installment!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LIVE Trip Report - 22nd - 27th September

let us know how the HOHO bus tour was as well as Olive Garden!! ;-)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
768 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LIVE Trip Report - 22nd - 27th September

Looking forward to your updates.

Soooo jealous.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LIVE Trip Report - 22nd - 27th September

Will the names be changed to protect the innocent?

If you were really the geek's geek, you would have mounted a camera on your head with live streaming at all times. But then again, there are only so many shots of a beer disappearing down a gullet that one can take.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,153 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LIVE Trip Report - 22nd - 27th September

The first half day - Battle to stay awake.

In my ultimate wisdom, I decided to go out in London the previous night, drink copious amounts of beer, and have a great nights sleep. Up at 6.30am (1.30am EST) and to the airport. Boring Boring, airport, airport. Flight was uneventful, and then suddenly I'm in NYC. Plane lands shortly before 1pm, and straight through to immigration. A short 15 minute queue, through no problems, and I see my luggage going around the belt, so grab that, and head straight for a taxi.

I know that I could get the airtrain and the subway, but really, the taxi is the most convenient method. I'm not on a tight budget for this trip, and it really is more relaxing. Enjoyed the gorgeous weather you had yesterday. Quickly dropped things off at the hotel and headed out for a few beers at South 4th Bar.

After a few beers, headed over to 54th St / 10th Ave, and stood in line for a few hours, and eventually got to see The Colbert Report being filmed. Got out of that by 8pm, and then, the heavens opened, and people selling umbrellas start appearing on the street. Maybe I should have bought one, but in true british style, decided to walk to the subway station and get wet!

Back into Williamsburg, grabbed a sandwich and a drink, and headed back to the hotel. 10pm and bed.

Looking back on this, it's all rather boring. however, today should get a bit more interesting, with Brooklyn Botanical Gardens and Prospect Park planned before a bit of bar hopping around Park Slope.

M

The Sea
Level Contributor
1,629 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: LIVE Trip Report - 22nd - 27th September

You sound like you're ready to hit the ground running! Enjoy your visit.

Are you staying in Brooklyn?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,153 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: LIVE Trip Report - 22nd - 27th September

Yup. Hotel Le Jolie in Williamsburg.

England
Level Contributor
180 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: LIVE Trip Report - 22nd - 27th September

sure you are having a great time m4rk am sorting stuff out for our trip on the 30th don't drink all the beer

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,501 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: LIVE Trip Report - 22nd - 27th September

I hope the weather cooperates with your plans.

icf
stoke on trent
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: LIVE Trip Report - 22nd - 27th September

Sounding good so far M4RKM,wish i was there now,got to wait another 48 days until we get back to nyc,

Darren