We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TKTS Ticket Prices? What is the average 1/2 price ticket?

Englewood, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
TKTS Ticket Prices? What is the average 1/2 price ticket?

It's been many years since I've purchased a ticket at TKTS. I know that TKTS offers same day 1/2 price tickets. What are the 1/2 price rates at TKTS these days? Is it cash only? Thanks!!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TKTS Ticket Prices? What is the average 1/2 price ticket?

Remember it's UP TO 50% off - not automatically 50% off all tickets. Some tickets have only 20% discount.

And the booths accept credit cards.

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TKTS Ticket Prices? What is the average 1/2 price ticket?

If you sign up for their email alerts you will get a daily email with what is available and they tell you the discount percentage.

Edited: 24 September 2010, 15:53
New York, NY
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TKTS Ticket Prices? What is the average 1/2 price ticket?

About $75.

Regular prices are areond prices are regularly around $120-150.

Some showa re 50% off, some less, as low as 20% off.

Check blaybill.com for show info, prices, last weeks grosses (which will give you and idea about what was available at tkts).

Check tdf.org to see what was available last week. You can also sign up for email nitification for hte south street and brooklyn booths, which have shorter lines.

There is also an iPhone app which will tell you what is availabe now, and the length of the line. One of the producer groups runs the app, so it is very accurate for their plays, a little bit less accurate for ones run by other producers, but usually there are tickets for the shows they say there are.

BTW, plabill also had discounts, check them out (you have to become a member - but it is free) Some of those discounts are almost as good as at tkts, and no lines!

Russell, KY
Level Contributor
3,950 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TKTS Ticket Prices? What is the average 1/2 price ticket?

"Check blaybill.com for show info, prices, last weeks grosses (which will give you and idea about what was available at tkts"

Playbill.com

New York, NY
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TKTS Ticket Prices? What is the average 1/2 price ticket?

Thanks,

I can't type today for some reason.

Al

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TKTS Ticket Prices? What is the average 1/2 price ticket?

Entertainment-Link has a good list on their website of what has been available lately at TKTS (see http://www.entertainment-link.com/tkts.asp). Please note that I find their website useful, but I'm not commenting on their paid service (I have no experience with that).

Belfast
Level Contributor
495 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TKTS Ticket Prices? What is the average 1/2 price ticket?

Paid $85 each for Chicago tickets at 40%reduction a few weeks ago so can still be expensive. Mind you we did get front row seats.

QQ2
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7,537 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TKTS Ticket Prices? What is the average 1/2 price ticket?

Also keep in mind that a service charge will make the total amount paid more than half the ticket price. If you get mezzanine or balcony seats, instead of orchestra seats, the price will be a little less -- i.e., up to 50% off the regular mezz or balcony price, plus service charge.

9. Re: TKTS Ticket Prices? What is the average 1/2 price ticket?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2011, 05:18