We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jeans

sweden
Level Contributor
280 posts
Save Topic
Jeans

Where can i buy jeans with my length iam 172cm and cant have the 30 length. I try many brands in macy in april does anbody know.

Many thanks johan from sweden

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Jeans

johan - exactly what size do you need - in AMERICAN terms - you say you are 172cm tall and 30 length does not fit - correct - we're losing a lot her in translation.....

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,250 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jeans

Im pretty sure Levis still come in a variety of lengths - there are several Levi stores in NYC.

Really high end designer jeans sometimes come with long, unfinished legs and have to be hemmed. You can find those at places like Barneys.

Edited: 29 September 2010, 17:36
sweden
Level Contributor
280 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Jeans

yes iam 172cm tall or short haha and 30 length is to long. iam going tomorrow to nyc.

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Jeans

Most places that sell jeans usually carry more than just 30" - or as evening said get high end ones and have them altered by a tailor.....simple.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,250 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jeans

Oh - you need a shorter length. That's what tailors in dry cleaners are for. If you have them shortened here, a dry cleaner will be able to use the same orange, beige or whatever thread to match it to the rest of the thread the jeans are sewn with.

Again, a brand like Levis may have a shorter length - and those hideous capri pants were in style so a pair of capris may work for you as real jeans. Im not sure. My expertise with metric is more with kilometers and weight (since I was more likely to care how far something was, and what I weighed when I lived in France) than length so I have no clue what 172cm is

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,250 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jeans

Urban Outfitters has jeans in Ankle length and Regular Length. Gap and Banana Republic have Short and Petite sizes respectively.

You can easily get your jeans altered in a day or so when purchasing at Uniqlo.

Also, you can take any pair of jeans and have them altered on the spot in any number of places on Orchard Street in LES for around $4-6.

Ireland
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Jeans

try dkny petite jeans in macey's

sweden
Level Contributor
280 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Jeans

tank you everybody. i hope i have a great time again in the big apple

Holly Hill, South...
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jeans

What is your waist measurement. Depending on that you may be able to wear some brands of jeans in young man's sizes. Perhaps size 18 or 20. My son has just the opposite problem. He can never find them small enough in the waist - he's tall and skinny. Length is a far easier problem to fix. American Eagle sells jeans in a 28" length, but only in the smaller waist sizes.

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jeans

Johan, we don't use metric measurements in this country (and did you really not know that?) Saying "172 centimeters" tells most of us here absolutely nothing about your height. If you want to shop in the US, you really have to learn your measurements in inches. Looking up 172 centimeters on a conversion site (which is certainly something you should have done -- but for some unknown reason you didn't bother), you are 5 feet 7 3/4 inches tall. While a little short for a man that is not a very unusual size, and as noted there are tailors all over town. Gap (at least on-line; I don't shop in Gap so I can't speak about their stores...) sells jeans with inseams as short as 28 inches.

And you can always try the boys' department in any major department store...

Edited: 30 September 2010, 04:42