We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excited About this Weekend!

Mechanicsville, MD
Level Contributor
191 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Excited About this Weekend!

Our October weekend in New York is finally here and am so excited - the weather is supposed to be superb - I've finally lucked out! I wanted to say thank you to everyone on this forum who provided info - it was really helpful. Here's our plan in a nutshell:

Fri - drive up from MD - staying at the Palace (I finally decided after going from the Kimberly, to the Michelangelo.) Lunch at Katz's, downtown, Staten Island Ferry, Dinner at Tony's DiNapoli.

Sat - Brooklyn Heights/DUMBO/Brooklyn Bridge (Front St Pizza,) Chinatown, Greenwich Village, dinner at Po's.

Sun: Midtown (TOTR, etc,) Central Park, streetfair Upper West Side (and Zabar's.) Rock of Ages in the evening, dinner at either: Marseille, Trecolori, or 5 Napkin.

Mon: Drive home (unfortunately will miss the parade.)

I was in charge of planning the weekend for me, hubby and another couple who have never been to NYC, so I hope I did a good job. I promise to write a trip report. We're coming back (just hubby and me) at Christmas, again at the Palace for all of the wonderful holiday sites. Again, thank you everyone for your help!

Edited: 06 October 2010, 21:40
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,466 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excited About this Weekend!

Sounds good!

Have a wonderful holiday and back again at Xmas sooo lucky......

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,250 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excited About this Weekend!

Kat'z is in East Village/Lower East Side. What do you mean when you say "downtown"? I would recommend just walking south through Chinatown and Little Italy to catch the Staten Island Ferry. That would make the most of your time.

Then on Sat, you won't need to go out of the way to Chinatown. You can take the A train straight to West 4th St stop and explore East and West Village, Union Square, Washington Squre Park, Greenwich Village etc.

Have fun!

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
970 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Excited About this Weekend!

I know you will have a great time. Have lots of fun.

icf
stoke on trent
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excited About this Weekend!

Sounds like a fun trip,hope you have a great time and enjoy katz's.we plan to go there next month for the 1st time,

Darren

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,232 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excited About this Weekend!

enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.... !!

^_^

Delaware
Level Contributor
403 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excited About this Weekend!

I am going on Saturday - day bus trip. Heading down to the Lower East Side Tenement museum bookstore, the Morrison Hotel Gallery for Julian Lennon's photo exhibit, then to the Film Forum for a showing of "Nowhere Boy" the film about John Lennon's teenage years...and It would have been John's 70th birthday...so quite appropriate.

Finishing off with a meal at La Bonne Soupe before picking up the bus in midtown to go home.

Loving the weather report!

Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Excited About this Weekend!

I have seen Nowhere Boy when it was showing in Brisbane Aus.... From all that I have read it's a good take on his life.. And I felt the actor’s quite well as it's a big life to portray on screen. I needed a tissue for a few tears... =)

8. Re: Excited About this Weekend!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 October 2010, 05:05
9. Re: Excited About this Weekend!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2011, 05:18