We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

30th Birthday Party Help

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
30th Birthday Party Help

My friend and I are throwing our husbands a destination 30th birthday party in NYC the first weekend of December. There will be about 15-20 people, all 21+. We'll be arriving Friday late night (so can't plan much that night). Saturday we wanted to plan something special for the husbands during the day; all guests do not have to be involved. We were looking into the "Accomplice" tour/show. On Saturday night we wanted to take them out to a club (everyone will be coming out), but a venue that's kind of special - maybe with a view of NYC on a rooftop or something. We'll be leaving on Sunday, so maybe a good recommendation for brunch?

Thanks so much!

Edited: 07 October 2010, 03:13
Real New York Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Free Tours by Foot
Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Night Tours, Food Tours
SANDEMANs NEW Europe - New York
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
NYC Horse Carriage Rides
Horse-Drawn Carriage Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours
New York, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
5,159 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 30th Birthday Party Help

Dec. will have fewer roof top bars but here is a list:

nymag.com/nightlife/barbuzz/11025/#content

The do have the view Lounge a revolving glass restaurant/lounge in time square:

http://www.theviewny.com/#

Also this has event calanders for night life. If you look closer to your dates, you may find something that looks good to you. NY mags best of list are always good bets:

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i22937-NYC_nigh…

Nougatine room at Jean George has a good pre set brunch at Columbus Circle. It is in the Trump International Hotel behind the large silver globe with a view of Central Park. Good service and food too:

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60763-d42…

Buchon Bakery also has a good Brunch on the Third Floor of the Time Warner Center and it has a view of Columbus Circle and Central Park South.

For downtown Brunch I would look at Baltazhar (a crowded Bistro w/ a NY feel):

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60763-d42…

or Perry St. (a little more laid back- also a pre set menu done by Jean Georges):

http://www.jean-georges.com/

Or a good spot in Greenwhich village is Sushi Samba (I know it doesn't sound like a brunch place, but check out the menu and the vibe of the place is pretty cool too):

www.sushisamba.com/index.cfm/id/9/id2/24.html

Edited: 07 October 2010, 11:41
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 30th Birthday Party Help

230 Fifth is a very popular year-round rooftop bar:

http://www.230-fifth.com/

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,250 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 30th Birthday Party Help

Take a look at these brunch recommendations from Time Out: …timeout.com/articles/restaurants-bars/75839…

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 30th Birthday Party Help

Thank you so much for your help! I'm currently looking into some of the bar/club recommendations. I noticed that most of them play house/techno music. Any well known places that play top 40/rap type music?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,250 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 30th Birthday Party Help

I'd say it's the opposite. Most play top 40. Avoid Cielo and Pasha.

6. Re: 30th Birthday Party Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2011, 07:19