We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving tomorrow-no itinerary!!!

Chelmsford, United...
Destination Expert
for Rafina
Level Contributor
473 posts
144 reviews
Save Topic
Arriving tomorrow-no itinerary!!!

So...countdown is coming to an end and tomorrow i will be in NY!

Having been there many times before i don't have a fixed itinerary but my plans include shopping and enjoying being in the city!

I'm also meeting some relatives.An aunt in Astoria and a cousin in Brooklyn!I have also booked tickets for The Statue of Liberty!

Packing is almost done but i need some help from people living in NY!

I checked weather.com and it seems sunny most of my days there!

Do you think i should any heavy clothing?

Definitely an umbrella but i'm not sure about outerwear!

In Greece we have almost the same temperature and i am still wearing dresses and light jackets.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,250 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving tomorrow-no itinerary!!!

Right now, most people are wearing closed toe shoes/boots and a light jacket for the rain. It's 60s during the day and 50s at night. And it can be windy.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
1,798 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving tomorrow-no itinerary!!!

Why are you asking a weather-related question when you already consulted weather.com (which provided you with both temperature and precipitation forecast)?

Chelmsford, United...
Destination Expert
for Rafina
Level Contributor
473 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving tomorrow-no itinerary!!!

Because temperature is the same in Greece now and we still have summer clothes with light jackets.

It's the first time i'm going to NY in October and i'm anxious about clothing!:)

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Arriving tomorrow-no itinerary!!!

So, if it is the same temp as Greece - wear what you are wearing in Greece - today, 1st day in awhile w/no rain it is in the mid 60's (19-20C) with a breeze - a light jacket was comfortable.

Chelmsford, United...
Destination Expert
for Rafina
Level Contributor
473 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arriving tomorrow-no itinerary!!!

Today it was raining here!

I know it can be colder there..in addition to Manhattan there are not any skyscrapers to block the sun here!

anyway,i think a light jacket would be fine!and maybe something heavier for the night :)

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
57,747 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arriving tomorrow-no itinerary!!!

We just returned from New York. We packed a light sweater/jacket and an unlined rain jacket with hood. We needed both! The mornings and evenings were quite cool. It rained. On the sunny day, we didn't need either by mid morning - just the t-shirt. So thinking about packing layers would keep your options open. There is nothing like being cold with no options.

Chelmsford, United...
Destination Expert
for Rafina
Level Contributor
473 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Arriving tomorrow-no itinerary!!!

Thank you MuftiMixandmatch!!

weather.com predicts rain for 3 of 8 days!

8. Re: Arriving tomorrow-no itinerary!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2011, 07:17