We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upon arriving at Newark Liberty Intl Airport

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
654 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Upon arriving at Newark Liberty Intl Airport

Hello.

Now that the day of departure is getting closer I'm coming up with some - perhaps - silly questions but as this will be my first non-European Union flight there are a few new things I've never been through, such as the immigration control, and I always like to know previously what to expect upon arriving at a place.

So, after leaving the aircraft what comes first? Immigration control, luggage claim and then customs - is this the correct order? I read there's fingerprinting and photographing at immigration control, do passengers on the Visa Waiver Program pass through this process too?

My mother does antihypertensive and antihypercholestherolemic medicines and - ocasionally - an anxiolytic (Xanax) - are these medicines OK or are likely to be seized at customs?

Thanks!

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
136 reviews
from US$175.00*
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,111 reviews
from US$199.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
994 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,385 reviews
from US$36.00*
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,250 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Upon arriving at Newark Liberty Intl Airport

You seem to already know what to expect. It's exactly what you describe.

Medication is fine, but you may want to bring copies of the prescriptions.

2. Re: Upon arriving at Newark Liberty Intl Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2011, 06:17