We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

brunch recommendations

toronto, canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
brunch recommendations

looking for brunch recommendations near Central Park West. Would have liked The Boathouse but they are booked.

thanks

New York, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
5,123 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: brunch recommendations

Nougatine Room at Jean Georges in the Trump international Hotel

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60763-d42…

or Buchon Bakery on the third floor of the Time Warner Center in Columbus Circle:

www.bouchonbakery.com/showPlace.php?id=3

uk
Level Contributor
313 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: brunch recommendations

I thought the boathouse didn't have reservations for brunch. We walked in and asked for a table but had to wait over an hour for it. We just sat at the bar and drank bellinis until our table was ready

Manhattan
Level Contributor
8,971 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: brunch recommendations

What are you planning to do before and/or after brunch and what day is this that the boathouse is booked.

The boathouse is near 5th and not CPW which is why I am asking

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: brunch recommendations

How can the boathouse be booked --- they do not take reservations and it is first come first serve on the weekends. Have they changed their policy without telling us ?

Level Contributor
35,953 posts
904 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: brunch recommendations

We had a very nice lunch at The Boathouse, we did not have reservations. If you do get in, the row boat rides there are very fun and the scenery of NYC is gorgeous from out on the water. :)

toronto, canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: brunch recommendations

sorry. i did not know they did not take reservations. i tried and was told none available so i assume (incorrectly) they were full.

We would like a nice brunch and then plan to walk around some flea markets.

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: brunch recommendations

The boat house does a nice job and my suggestion is to get there early to be among the first seated if it is not too early for you--- some weeks it is really crowded and others not so much . It really depends on the influx of tourists,

when are you coming perhaps someone could point you to some flea markets or street fairs depending on when you are coming

The Sea
Level Contributor
1,629 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: brunch recommendations

Could there be a banquet or wedding at the Boathouse that day?

Manhattan
Level Contributor
8,971 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: brunch recommendations

The only flea market I know of on the Upper West Side on Sunday is near the museum of Natural History - not near the boathouse. There are tons of restaurants on Columbus, Amsterdam , Broadway and side streets in the 70s. The longer the line, the better and more local the place.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: brunch recommendations

Nice Matin on West 79th very close to the Park has a great brunch.