We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury apartment

South England
Level Contributor
71 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Luxury apartment

Hi

I am looking to come to New York in January (probably in the first couple of weeks) for 5 nights, and wanted to stay in a contemporary/luxury style apartment (if it had a great bathroom this would be a bonus). Due to the time of the year I was hopping to get a bargin, however willing to pay up to £200 a night (including taxes). The apartment would only be for the wife and me.

Does anybody have any recommendations? Location is not a main consideration, however should have easy access to public transport.

Thank you in advance.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxury apartment

please dont - just read the faq's re apartment rentals.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,403 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxury apartment

There are a lot of suite style hotels that will provide the equivalent of an apt. but with daily maid service and other benefits of a hotel. Some of the nicer ones

Trump International has apartments but I don't know about your budget.

Alex Hotel

Blakelyhotelny.com

If you're willing to give up the kitchen, the Surrey Hotel is newly renovated with great bathrooms and a special rate for Jan.

http://www.thesurrey.com/

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxury apartment

Short term apartment rentals are usually illegal - and are often scams. If you do opt for this type of lodging, you are running some serious risks.

The Sea
Level Contributor
1,629 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxury apartment

~~ Does anybody have any recommendations? ~~

NYWhiz has provided fabulous recommendations for great apart-hotel choices. January hotel rates tend to be low; I bet you'll find a great room with an outstanding bathroom! Have a wonderful visit.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60763-c147344/New-Yo…

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxury apartment

Is having a full kitchen or kitchenette important to you? If not, and it's the additional space and separate living room and bedroom quarters that make an apartment appealing, you may well have (depending on rates) even more choices in hotel suites. The Sofitel, for example, has non-futzy decor and very nice bathrooms for a hotel that isn't amongst the most expensive.

…oyster.com/new-york-city/hotels/sofitel-new…

Trump SoHo may drop its prices for a January stay in one of its suites to your hoped-for target price

oyster.com/new-york-city/…

and the new Intercontinental Times Square might be another possibility.

hotelchatter.com/files/1425/intercontoiletri…

The Sea
Level Contributor
1,629 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxury apartment

Is there a hotel with fabulous city views from the bathroom bath tub?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luxury apartment

Waterbug - the Hotel on Rivington has views from the tub in some rooms:

http://hotelonrivington.com/gallery.html

8. Re: Luxury apartment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2011, 05:17