We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick Woodbury Common question

Ireland
Level Contributor
100 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Quick Woodbury Common question

Are Sundays generally busier in Woodbury Common - would I be better going on a weekday?

Thanks,

Rosie

New York, NY
Level Contributor
9,648 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick Woodbury Common question

Yes, go on a weekday if possible.

Ireland
Level Contributor
100 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick Woodbury Common question

Thank you!

Ireland
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quick Woodbury Common question

Try and get there early, if you can be there when it opens. I went on a December Sunday morning and it was lovely for the first 3 hours after it opened, chaos after though!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,973 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quick Woodbury Common question

There are 2 bus options. The one most people know about costs $35 return and leaves from Port Authority bus terminal with several buses in both directions. There's another cheaper one that's good only if you think you'll spend the entire day. It costs $25 return and leaves from near Penn Station.

http://www.expresstrails.com/

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,973 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quick Woodbury Common question

Also, people have reported there are lockers you can get to store purchases if you go without a car but they get taken up quickly so go early and get one right away if you plan on doing a lot of shopping. ;)

Rowe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
553 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quick Woodbury Common question

I wouldn't dream of going to Woodbury Common on a weekend or holiday (like the upcoming MLK day this coming Monday), due to crowds. Be sure to take a totebag to stash smaller purchases and, in winter, a place to stash hat, scarf, gloves when inside the stores.

I had seen the information on the cheaper bus from Penn Station ($25 vs. $37 for the bus from Port Authority). NYWhiz or others who have taken this new bus, this is for real? From the expresstrails website, it looks like the cheaper bus doesn't operate on Saturday. I would be interested in hearing from someone who has taken this "new" bus.

Ireland
Level Contributor
100 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quick Woodbury Common question

Thanks so much to everyone that replied. We are going to go on a weekday.

One other thing I didn't realise this Monday is a holiday - is it?

Rosie

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,973 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Quick Woodbury Common question

Yes. So many schools are closed. I think govt. buildings like banks/post offices are closed. But shops are all open as are museums etc.