We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYC with teen age boys

Springfield...
Level Contributor
198 posts
1 review
Save Topic
NYC with teen age boys

We will be coming into NYC in Dec for about 7 hours on a bus trip. Just looking for some things that would be enjoyble for the boys. We won't do any museums nor the trip to statue of liberty. So anything else that you think might be fun plus maybe a couple of restaurant suggestions...lunch and dinner...thanks in advance

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NYC with teen age boys

Staten Island Ferry is free and sails right by the Statue of Liberty from a little distance away but good for pictures---- Times Square and all that means-- Top of the Rock for high views of the city----I would just have lunch in a deli and what time do you have to get back on the bus-- is it an organized tour-- will you really have time for dinner also.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NYC with teen age boys

How old are the boys?

Maybe the Nintendo World and Sony Lab.

http://www.nintendoworldstore.com/

http://www.nintendoworldstore.com/

Ice skating at Wollman Rink or Rockefeller Center

Manhattan
Level Contributor
8,893 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NYC with teen age boys

Ask your sons what they want to do here and then come back and someone will tell you how to organize or ignore their requests.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,995 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NYC with teen age boys

We need something to go on like how old these teens are (13 vs 19 might be very different recos). Are they into music? Sports? Shopping? Where is the bus dropping you off and picking you up?

While you said no museums, the Intrepid Air & Space museum might be one idea. A lot of teens like to hang out in Union Square or Washington Square near NYU. If they're into music, maybe some of the music stores in the village. For restaurant suggestions, we'd need to know what kind of food they'd like and an idea of where you're going to be.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
198 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: NYC with teen age boys

Ok I guess my request was pretty generalized, sorry. The boys are 17 and 18 and yes we could do the ferry...my son has done it but the other not so that is a possibility. I will look at nintendo world as they are into xboy,is that nintendo, duh!! I just buy the stuff..lol...we have been to the Sony Wonderlab and had a great time there...we will certainly go to Rockefellar center and watch the skaters and go to the top...we will have about 3 drop offs as I am running the trip I will try to map out 2-3 strategic areas...we will be there from 11AM to 6PM...boys love to eat and not shop so much...they do love sports...I was thinking about Ellen's Stardust, even if it isn't what boys might really like, it might be a little fun for them with their moms??? think? We will be there for 7 hours so I am trying to find places where we can go in and get out of the cold then back out...we can do 2 sit downs for lunch and dinner I think with the time we have unless we are doing a big area of looking around...and eating well they are boys and probably pizza, burgers but something maybe fun and unique???

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NYC with teen age boys

They might like Ninja - a theme restaurant but not as tacky as Mars 2112, and with better food.

www.ninjanewyork.com

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
3,117 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: NYC with teen age boys

Ellen's for the moms,maybe but DEF not the boys. not really a boys kind of place. How about John's Pizza for lunch/dinner at 44th and 8th Ave?

Springfield...
Level Contributor
198 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: NYC with teen age boys

Ninja looks nice but I it looks like it doesn't open til 5 and we have to be on the bus at 6 so that won't work...any ideas on places that are open all day?

Springfield...
Level Contributor
198 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: NYC with teen age boys

Is this John's pizza a sit down place?

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: NYC with teen age boys

At 17 and 18 they probably would rather sneak into Flashdance strip club but that is easier done without Mom tagging along.