We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

casual restaurant--holiday decorations or views???

Indiana
Level Contributor
122 posts
124 reviews
Save Topic
casual restaurant--holiday decorations or views???

Hi! I am overwhelmed by the number of restaurants in the city!

My husband and I will just be in the city for three days with the sole purpose of seeing Christmas lights/displays and I thought I'd try to find a couple of restaurants that would fit in with our purpose as well :).

Casual is important as we are packing light (backpack only).

Any other suggestions are welcomed. We will be in town Dec. 4-6th.

Thanks in advance.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: casual restaurant--holiday decorations or views???

Rolf's - decked out in lights.

yelp.com/biz/rolfs-bar-and-restaurant-new-yo…

Rock Center Cafe and The Sea Grill have views of the Rock Center tree and skating rink.

New York, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
5,096 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: casual restaurant--holiday decorations or views???

This is a list of casual places with views, and many of them will have some holiday cheer - I'm not sure of the schedule but (one of the places on the list posted below) The South Street Seaport , usually has interesting carolers every Christmas too:

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i23076-Cheap_Ea…

3. Re: casual restaurant--holiday decorations or views???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2011, 07:34