We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dessert & Drink

Alberta
Level Contributor
529 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Dessert & Drink

As we like to have supper early I would like to get some suggestions where we can go for desserts and a drink after our shows. Family of 4, children ages 15 & 20. Would we be able to make reservations for desserts only?? We will be staying at the Doubletree Guest Suites TS.

Avenue Q - Supper at Vynl - dessert?

Phantom - supper at Virgils -

Christmas Spectacular - supper at Rock Cafe -

Edited: 20 November 2010, 18:38
Manhattan
Level Contributor
8,814 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dessert & Drink

Phantom - dessert at Juniors

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dessert & Drink

What we do after dinner/play is stop at one of the many delis /convenience stores Manhattan and from the bakery selection pick up an individual portion of cake etc for each person or a small cake, and take it back to the room - last time it was carrot cake for two and some type of beverage - I prefer chocolate milk.

An alternative to spending a LOT more money at a sit down venue and no arezzie needed.

But, that's just us.

Also you are in your room and can hit the sack sooner than you thought.

Poppa

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,971 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dessert & Drink

The View restaurant at the top of the Marriott Marquis does a dessert buffet. It's pricey but the view is great and it's memorable. It's not far from your hotel so you could do it on any of the nights. I think they take a reservation and if you going during the holiday season, I'd make sure to book.

As ztaks says, Junior's, across from the Marriott on 45 st. just off Broadway is famous for their cheesecake but they also have other dessert items. This is very casual.

Shake Shack, known for their burgers has ice cream and milkshakes. Also casual.

Ellen's Stardust Diner with singing waitstaff could be fun for dessert but I doubt they'd take a reservation and you'd likely have a long wait. It's not far from Radio City.

If you get dressed up, a fancy restaurant like Le Bernardin would take a reservation for dessert but I'm not sure what they charge.

http://www.le-bernardin.com/

Many of the hotels would serve you dessert in their restaurant or lounge area. Maze at the London hotel is one idea and the new Ca Va at the new Intercontinental Times Square is another. Another fancy splurge would be the bar at the Plaza hotel but a bit out of your way but still a reasonable walk.

elsewhere
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dessert & Drink

We went to the View Lounge for its dessert buffet after a Wednesday matinee of Wicked. The lounge is one floor above the View Restuarant.

Just a heads up ... no one under 21 is allowed in the lounge after 9 p.m. You might be able to be seated in the restaurant and have access to the lounge dessert buffet, but I'm really not sure.

theviewny.com/restaurant/…home

Maybe Bar Americain (on 52nd Street between Sixth and Seventh)?

http://www.baramericain.com/newyork.php

Indiana
Level Contributor
122 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dessert & Drink

what about dessert trucks? how would we find out about them?

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Dessert & Drink

They are mainly out during the day....I'd say GOOGLE may be of help/

7. Re: Dessert & Drink

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2011, 06:20