We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early june

Morro Bay...
Level Contributor
809 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Early june

What is the best way to spend eight days in early June?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early june

Upper East (The Mark) or Upper West (The Lucerne) hotels. A few plays of your choice. The Water Taxi at Chelsea Piers during the day. A splurge dinner cruise on Bateaux New York. Walking through and around and all over Central Park. Maybe a day in the Village and down to Ground Zero. Getting a Metro Pass and riding the bus from here to there. Occasionally the subway. Checking out a few high end restaurants for lunch and maybe a drink in the evening, before dinner at a less expensive place. Moseying though the midtown shopping district , sometome before noon so you don't feel overwhelmed with the crowd. Museum of Natural History, Carnegie Hall, Empire State Building, Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, MOMA and above all the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Have fun!

California
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Early june

Hi San Luis Obispo, I'm Lompoc CA. I went in June last year and had a great time. We didn't have enough time in NYC so were comming back in Sept. this year. I've done my homework this time, and I'm checking out all the Q and A on this form and It's great how much to learn, and great info.

Most of the new yorkers have good web sights to check out.

Lots of stuff to do and not enough time or money. This time were staying in an apartment to get the feel of the city living.

And were gonna be there for 2 weeks this time. Last time we did all the big touriest stuff. ESB,SOL, the dlb. decker bus with the 48 hours tour and night tour. And it was so good that were gonna do it again. We love the get on and get off at any time.

We are gonna do all the things that we didn't get to do last time. Oh you might want to get an apartment for that week as the rates are better to rent for the week than per day in a hotel. And you get alot more room and a full kitchen.

Were getting a 2 bedroom for way cheeper that a one room hotel room. This way we'll have lots of room and space, and our son will have his own room. Anyway if you have any Q. let me know.

Morro Bay...
Level Contributor
809 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early june

Hey, thanks for the replies! It rreally helps to hear others suggestions as there is so much to do, it is overwhelming! Could you give me any more info on the bus that yu get on and off? Thanks.

California
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Early june

Hi seaspirit,

Here's the web http://www.graylinenewyork.com/

Really fun english buses, and the weather is really nice then to It wasn't to hot at the begining of June. Enjoy :~)

Morro Bay...
Level Contributor
809 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Early june

Thanks, Bejoyful, I appreciate it. Sounds like fun!

Wouldn't you know...here I am seeking advice on New York and it comes from a neighbor down the highway (I'm in Morro bay)! Do you believe this weather we're having? 92 degrees here today!