We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need 5 tickets to a Broadway Show - TKTS ???

Holly Hill, South...
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Need 5 tickets to a Broadway Show - TKTS ???

We have never seen a broadway show and have several shows that would be acceptable. There are 5 of us traveling together. Is there a chance that we could purchase 5 tickets together at a TKTS booth or are they usually single tickets scattered around the theatre? We are thinking of Billy Elliott, American Idiot, In the Heights, Memphis, Million Dollar Quarter - we're not really commited to any of them. We want to see a decent show, but given we've never seen one at all we'll just be thrilled with the experience.

Just trying to decide if we should just bite the bullet and buy full price tickets now or cross our fingers and give the TKTS booth a shot.

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
142 Reviews
from US$175.00*
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,121 Reviews
from US$199.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
1,018 Reviews
from US$83.99*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...
1,130 Reviews
from US$57.00*
Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need 5 tickets to a Broadway Show - TKTS ???

You could buy your discounted tickets from:

I would do this. :O)

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
919 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need 5 tickets to a Broadway Show - TKTS ???

You should have no problem purchasing 5 seats together, or at least the majroity of them together at any TKTS location. Of course it depends upon what tickets are available at the time you purchase them. All of the shows you've noted are usually available at TKTS.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
101,585 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need 5 tickets to a Broadway Show - TKTS ???

It's possible to get 5 tickets but it's a lot easier to get 1 or 2 or even 3. If you're willing to split up, it's easier. I can't remember when you're coming. If it's over the Xmas/New Year holiday, a lot of the shows don't have discounts you can buy in advance so it may be your only option. But if you're coming after the New Year, I'd print the offers online, bring them with you and go directly to the theater box office(s) thereby avoiding the transaction fees but also avoiding long TKTS lines.

Level Contributor
172 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need 5 tickets to a Broadway Show - TKTS ???

you can go to Broadwaybox.com and print out disounted vouchers for Memphis and American Idiot. Billy Elliot, Million $ Quartet and In the Heights are not often available on them. you should be able to get 5 seats together, although if you split up into two groups, you have a better chance of better quality seats.

Most of those shows are available at TDF's tix kiosk as well (although not as discounted).

Good luck!

Robin in NYC

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,317 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need 5 tickets to a Broadway Show - TKTS ???

I would agree with the other posters about broadwaybox.com.

I think it is a great option and I usually print off vouchers for different shows before I leave for NYC.

Then if I feel like going to any extra shows, I have the vouchers all ready.

You will have a much better choice of seats than waiting for TKTS on the day of the show.

I normally head to the theatre on my first night in NYC and book the tickets for whichever night has the best seats.

We got excellent seats for Memphis using this method.

6. Re: Need 5 tickets to a Broadway Show - TKTS ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2011, 05:18
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now