We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dont Stay At the Milford Plaza

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
326 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Dont Stay At the Milford Plaza

Ok so i just came back from the Milford Plaza and it was AWFULL . Ok so to clarify some things when they closed the Milford Plaza For a year it was NOT for renovations, the only thing they renovated was the gift shop. They are in the process of renovationg rite now. My review is pending but to make a long story short it was Awfull , so bad we were supose to stay for 2 but we had the find another hotel the second night. There was Stains all over the bed sheets, you could not control the temapture in the room therefor at 4.30 am we all broke out in a sweat. The shower did not work proprely, there was crumbs all over the floor. And the list goes on and on. We did get it for 250 a night with taxes but when we called up the staybridge suites the second night it was 210 a night with taxes so we swtiched there. So please DONT STAY HERE!!!!!!

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dont Stay At the Milford Plaza

this ain't real is it!!!

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dont Stay At the Milford Plaza

Sorry my son posted previous remark ! I'll make sure i don't leave myself logged on when my kids are around!!!!

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dont Stay At the Milford Plaza

Coincidentally, I think verypikytraveller is a kid also. I remember him from other posts

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dont Stay At the Milford Plaza

You are right and I think we tried to talk his family out of staying at the Milford Plaza and this report is lining up with others I have heard.

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,232 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dont Stay At the Milford Plaza

I guess this would be the thread Bil is referring to:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k4056596…

Manhattan
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dont Stay At the Milford Plaza

The MP had been renovating since late summer. I passed by a month ago and asked when I saw the door open. The desk clerk said they're open "for the season." Then, I guess, they're going back to renovating.

@tourguidestan on twitter

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
8,383 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dont Stay At the Milford Plaza

I remember when we all used to call it the Mildew Plaza ... no longer the "lulla-BUY of Broadway ..."

Nashville TN USA
Level Contributor
1 post
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dont Stay At the Milford Plaza

oh man:-( This is sad to hear. I stayed there my first time ever in NY (2008) & liked it a lot. I was excited to hear it was reopening.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
203 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dont Stay At the Milford Plaza

So glad I have cancelled my booking thanks to Tripadvisor help!

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,368 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dont Stay At the Milford Plaza

Sidneymick--if you (or anyone else) want to remove a post you made ( or your son) it is very easy. On the bottom of the post it says Report Inappropriate content. If you click that you get a pull down menu and one of the choices is 'remove my post" Click that and the post is removed within a minute or so.