We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in NYC

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
47 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas in NYC

So a few of us are flying up to NYC for Christmas this year. Although I have been to NYC a few times I have never experienced it during Christmas. Any suggestions on what stuff we should definitely do while we are in the city? Also, we are HUGE foodies! Any suggestions on places to eat (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)? We don't care if its and expensive place or a cheap place, as long as the food is GOOD! Any help would be much appreciated.

THANKS!

1. Re: Christmas in NYC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 16 December 2010, 03:25
Edited: 16 December 2010, 03:25
new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas in NYC

You don't care if it is expensive or cheap ? So a $500 per person tasting would be ok ? There are just too many wide variables in this city so we all need to be realistic and tell us what your per person limit is and what kind of food you like.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,397 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas in NYC

On the right side of the page is a column titled "Top Questions on NYC" About halfway down is a clickable link to what to see/do during the winter holidays. That would be a good place to start. There's also a whole section on dining. To list places for you for 3 meals a day would just be too overwhelming a task for anyone.

menupages.com

is a website where you can start doing some research and

opentable.com

is a website where you can book some but not all restaurants. I'm immediately look at booking a place for Xmas day if I were you.

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas in NYC

Okay, I know how overwhelming the FAQ's can be to read through. So, here are some things to get you started. :O)

Tree at Rockefeller Center

See a Christmas show.........such as Elf or Radio City Music Spectacular

See the Holiday Window Displays: Macy's, Bloomingdale's, Lord & Taylor, Saks, etc

Holiday Shops at Bryant Park

Ice Skating in Central Park, Bryant Park, or Rockefeller

A really good place I ate at during my last trip was Toloache (Mexican Food) :O)

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
47 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas in NYC

Thanks for all your suggestions!

We are definitely not looking for $500 places to eat. The expensive/cheap comment was just to let you guys know we are more interested in taste/quality and not cost. Like I said we love all types of food so we are open to any cuisine.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas in NYC

I ate as messa and I enjoyed it

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas in NYC

Hola.

When we are not cooking at home (or eating at someone else's table) we like to go for a traditional Christmas meal at Friend of The Farmer restaurant on Irving Place a few blocks south of Gramercy Park (the largest private park in the City). Comfort food at its best!

This year they will be serving a Christmas brunch in the late morning as well as a Christmas dinner later in the afternoon and night. You will probably need reservations as this place is a community favorite.

For contact information see:

www.friendofafarmernyc.com/contact.html

Hope this helps.

Abrazos,

Matt

Casa Hoffa (South), Bahia Chahue, Huatulco, MX: Tomorrow’s expected

highs: 96 degrees F.

Casa Hoffa (North), Fire Island, NY USA: Tomorrow’s expected highs: 35 degrees F.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas in NYC

1. FOOD:

Good threads on restaurants:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k3210601… -Must_eat_places-

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k4000923… What_are_your_absolute_must_s_for_eating_out-

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k3540895… What_dish_restaurants_do_you_crave_in_NYC-

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k2477734…

This thread contains many other threads discussing "must eat in New York" foods. Yes, it's worth clicking and reading them.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k2652740… Unique_foods_that_are_a_must_try_in_NYC-

2. Christmastime

Gird your loins and prepare for CROWDS!!!

Here's the page in the TOP QUESTIONS about NEW YORK CITY that nywhiz referred to:

What to Do and See During the Winter Holidays?

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60763-c74298/New-Yor…

Enjoy!

9. Re: Christmas in NYC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2011, 06:19