We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Broadway tickets

Revelstoke, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Broadway tickets

I am going to New York in May and want to see a Broadway show. Is it best to buy tickets prior to going? Or should you buy them there?

Is there lots of places to buy tickets there Or do you have to waste your entire day trying to get tickets?

Any advise I would be grateful.

Any advise on what show to see? I saw Addams Family last July and it was great.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Broadway tickets

It depends on which show you wish to see?

NYC & environs
Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Broadway tickets

ww.broadwaybox.com for discount codes

Go see STOMP

Delft, The...
Level Contributor
4 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Broadway tickets

I saw West Side Story in October 2010 and loved it.

We purchased our tickets from the Broadway information centre, this is next to McDonalds on Time square and the prices were very affordable.

Also there were no queues unlike the ticket office under the Time square steps. A couple of friends queued there the day before for 2 hours and didn't get their tickets any cheaper.

So enjoy

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
2,114 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Broadway tickets

It really does depend on which show you want to see and if you have a strong preference on seating. Some shows are not discounted. So, there is really no need to wait. Wicked, Jersey Boys, and Lion King do not have discounted tickets. There is a TKTS in Times Square, one in Downtown Brooklyn, and one at Southstreet Seaport where you can get discounted tickets, but I normally just buy them on Broadway Box. If you are going to wait until you get there, I would go to the Downtown Brooklyn location. See this website for details:

http://www.tdf.org/TDF_ServicePage.aspx?id=56

New York, NY
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Broadway tickets

The TKTS locations (www.tdf.org) have same day tickets for evening performances. Matatnee performances are sold same day at Times Sq and the day before at the other two locations. lines are long at Times Square, and much shorter at the Seaport, and almost nonexistant at the Brooklyn location. The website above will tell you what has been on sale, and there is an iPhone app that shows today's availability. Shows like Wicked and Jersey boys usually aren't available at those locations, so purchase in advance.

As others have said, if you have specific seating and/or show requrements, purchase in asvance. www.playbill.com (join for free) has discounts for many shows for advance purchase online, or you can print the offer and take it to the box office. For specific shows I find that the best, and usually buy online and pay the extra service charges.

Revelstoke, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Broadway tickets

All your information has been very helpful. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

7. Re: Broadway tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2011, 06:17