We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help with accomodation

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
66 posts
145 reviews
Save Topic
Need help with accomodation

Hi

We are two couples travelling to NY in May 2011 looking for reasonably priced accomodation in NY. we chekced the hotels in main city and they are way too expensive

can someone suggest some nice hotels maybe in NJ or queens or any other place close to metro.

We will be visisting for 3 days

Thanks in advance

MSIndia

Wayne, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help with accomodation

It would help if you specify your budget .

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help with accomodation

Once you find something within your budget, make sure you can cancel it; then keep looking. More deals will come up closer to your dates. I usually use quikbook.com to book cancellable hotels, and then I keep checking back every couple of weeks. I've been known to book and cancel up to 4 different hotels before my trip, ensuring I get the best deal possible. :O)

Edited: 20 December 2010, 18:53
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
66 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help with accomodation

I am looking for a hotel max 175-200$ inclusive of taxes per nite per room.

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help with accomodation

What are the exact dates when you're visiting?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
66 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help with accomodation

22nd May to 25th may

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,770 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help with accomodation

From the FAQ on the right:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k1338069…

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help with accomodation

I don't know if you mean for all 4 of you or per couple. I checked Quikbook for you and the Best Western Convention Center in Chelsea has rates that fit your buget, if it's per couple as does the Marrakech Hotel. I have never stayed at these hotels, but I'm sure you can read reviews here on tripadvisor. Also, I would check out the hotels in Long Island City. Again, I would only book something you can cancel. Your trip is still a long time away. There may be deals that come out before your trip in May. :O)

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,770 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Need help with accomodation

I'm pretty sure the Marrakech is illegal. I'm sure someone else can check that.

Wayne, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need help with accomodation

You may need to increase your budget to about 300 Dollars per couple per night. Are you saying you are now looking at spending 200 USD each couple per night?

If you will be coming a long way and if you are not likely to come back in the near future I would suspect staying in New York City is the way to go specially if you add the costs of commuting in every day.

The more specific you are the more suggestions you will get.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need help with accomodation

A rooom for $169+tax comes to about $200 in New York City.

If you want a hotel near a subway station it must be in the city, as the subway does not go outside the city limitd. If staying in NJ something near a PATH train station would be your best option as the cost is $1.75 per person.

There are many pros and cons of staying outside the city, do a search here for more info. One problem of staying in NJ is that NYC cabs don't go there except for the airport.