We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Cancelled

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
332 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Cancelled

Well my flight was cancelled again so that's the last nail in the coffin for this trip. Can't get through to the airline and even when I do I doubt I can get a flight that will give my enough time in the USA.

Thinking I might change my flight for a summer trip next year, less chance of the weather ruining my plans! Fingers crossed the insurance comes through on the hotel and internal flight I have to cancel.

Fairhaven...
Destination Expert
for New Bedford
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Cancelled

Good luck with everything. I feel bad for all the people who will miss time with family at Christmas and those who can't go on trips that were planned months ago. I prefer NY in the summertime.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
332 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Cancelled

Thanks. I am devastated that I won't get to spend christmas with some of the american family, but there are those who have it alot worse than me. I have had a string of bad luck since moving to london and toyed with the idea after this latest debacle of moving home.

But I have had my 'moment' and decided to get over it, as once I have rebooked my flights I will have a nice summer trip to NYC to plan.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
806 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Cancelled

I feel bad for everyone missing their trips and unable to go see family for the holidays. I have a friend who is currently living in the UK, and said she's stuck and can't get home to the states to see family. :-(

I'm glad you're able to find time in the summer to come. In a way you'll be able to see more of the city since you can get around easier without snow.

Edited: 21 December 2010, 03:34
Jersey
Destination Expert
for Jersey
Level Contributor
2,087 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Cancelled

Oh I'm sorry to hear that :(

I'm flying from (old) Jersey to the UK on Friday - touch wood both departure and arrival airports are clear at the moment.

I am then travelling down the country to Heathrow to fly to JFK on the 29th. I'm hoping that since it's another week away things will have improved there. Keeping my fingers crossed, but if not well I suppose worse things have happened and at least we have insurance!

Good Luck and safe travels to all those moving around the world this week.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Cancelled

Keep your chin up Catoz. I, too, just cancelled my flight into London this afternoon and my ongoing flight to New York. Already left Australia last night and in Singapore having one of the most bewildering days of my travel life. I just couldn't make up my mind but I am not a rich man and do not have access to loads of cash. As long as we're all well and healthy I dont give a rats. I may still be able to get over to NY on Jan 4 for for 2 weeks from Singapore or Hong Kong if I can afford it. Obviously ticket prices are going through the roof. I have nearly $1600 of theater tickets booked which I have been buyin out of my fortnightly pay for the past 4 months so that will be shame as I wont be able to give them away as they are mostly will call. All the best everyone and keep smiling.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,222 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Cancelled

So sorry this happened to you! One of my coworkers has been stuck in CDG for 2 days - I keep emailing him suggestions to leave, but he refuses! Fool - I have friends in Paris who would love to entertain him....

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,179 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Cancelled

Bummer....! Hope you'll be looking forward to another trip real soon!

Is it too late to wish you a white Christmas? Looks like we may have one.....

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,409 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Cancelled

Contact stubhub and see if you an sell your tickets. Inasmuch as they are will call. Alternatively--if they are popular sold out shows--contact the theater and see if they can resell them. You never know until you ask.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
296 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Cancelled

PedroPerth- it may be worth phoning your credit card company to see if they can recover some of the money as we have just had our trip cancelled and we are pursuing that route. Assuming you bought your theatre tickets using a credit card. Summer trip sounds good, I'm not sure yet what we will do as I had my heart set on seeing New York around Christmas time.

Jersey
Destination Expert
for Jersey
Level Contributor
2,087 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Cancelled

As I understood it, you can only make a claim from your credit card provider if the product you are claiming for let you down. ie: The show was cancelled, not the flight to get there, or you bought something from ebay and it never showed up. The credit card company then goes back to the provider and uses it's weight to get it's money back.

Perhaps I'm wrong though.