We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

REVIEW:- Times Square New Years Eve All Access Pass

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
REVIEW:- Times Square New Years Eve All Access Pass

Hi all,

Well there was alot of discussion regarding the all access pass on this website for new years and my hubby and I bit the bullet and went for it - I promised a review.

At first getting to the first bar with the streets so crowded I thought oh no - it may have been better to just stick with the one bar - the streets were manic and I totally understand why people whop live in New york stay clear of the area.

However once we got our ticket to the bar we were due to attend and were let through the manned area by the police to get to the bars it was great. Our first bar Bowlmor was open bar and had plenty of food on offer to help line our stomach.

We met up with lots of people who were on the same trail as us (Majority of people who bought these passes were from interstate and overseas)

The majority of the night we hung out with two people who were from england and a oouple from Virginia. We worked out moving from one bar to another together as a group even though our tickets were not for the same time.

Each bar:- Hurley's, Mars 2112 and Madam Toussauds all offered plenty of drinks and easy access.

We were extremely lucky as the husband from Virginia was in the Navy and sweet talked the Police into excorting us to Times Square at Midnight - I know this was extremely lucky but made our night extra special.

Tip for anyone who is thingking about this in the future:-

Waiters and Bar staff still expect gratuities on the night

Some bars do not let you out at midnight

There are set pathways you need to use to get to each bar but the police will tell you so.

Knowing this info - I would prob stick to one bar in future

We all had a fantastic time and loved the night in NYC

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: REVIEW:- Times Square New Years Eve All Access Pass

Thank you SO MUCH, Rocht, for posting this; it will be extremely useful for future readers considering the All Access Pass!!

ireland
Level Contributor
768 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: REVIEW:- Times Square New Years Eve All Access Pass

Can I ask how much the pass was and what it entailed? Sounds like u had a blast! Happy new year!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: REVIEW:- Times Square New Years Eve All Access Pass

Hey the pass starts at $250 but goes up as the time between new years eve gets closer.

Bars change yearly but check out the website bars on our list included:-

Times Square Centre

Bawlmor

Hurley's

Bourbon Bar

Mars 2112

48 NYC

Gossip Bar

Lucky Strike

Ruby Tuesdays

Obviously we did not make it tpo all these bars.

The ticket includes - front of the line access to all entry

Drinks (varies on each bar to what these are) in all bars - some offer open bar and others is selected drinks

Pass around food - again depends on the bar to what is offered.

Our bowling ally venue offered free bowling - cloakroom was free is some places others charged for this,

Hope this all helps

Happy New Year

ireland
Level Contributor
768 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: REVIEW:- Times Square New Years Eve All Access Pass

Thanks for that! We're going to new York first time in feb for my 30th. Just was wondering bout new years in NY. Mite b an option next yr! :-)

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,168 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: REVIEW:- Times Square New Years Eve All Access Pass

lets make this review realistic because the chances of getting into TS at midnight is minimal.

******We were extremely lucky as the husband from Virginia was in the Navy and sweet talked the Police into excorting us to Times Square at Midnight *****

so, start now, and try find a friend who is in the US Army/Navy/Air Force, and you can get it, but most of the people who bought this pass, won't get that opportunity.

I love things like this, the once in a million chance, it always happens to the people who promised a review.

M

Jersey
Destination Expert
for Jersey
Level Contributor
2,129 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: REVIEW:- Times Square New Years Eve All Access Pass

Sounds like you had a great night! Us also - we had dinner and champagne at our hotel on 34th before heading to the subway with the intention of going to Central Park.

We were waiting for a train to Columbus Circle when the E line to 7th Ave came in. On impulse I dragged the OH onto it, thinking we would walk to the park from there and maybe get a glimpse of the madness on the way.

So much better - one block up from 7th Ave subway we found a corner (7th and 54th) with a space, amenable NYPD and even a partial view of the ball, if we leaned to the right a bit, so we stayed right there until midnight.

Ok so we weren't in a pen, and we couldn't see the countdown/ball drop properly, and we were 12 blocks back. BUT we got a good impression of the atmosphere, chatted to some lovely folk and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Oh and we didn't have to stand there for 4 or 7 or 12 hours for the privilege.

I don't know if it's usual to be allowed to stand on the corner of cross streets or whether we were lucky, but with Times Square ahead, and the Central Park fireworks behind, that was all the party we needed! :)

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: REVIEW:- Times Square New Years Eve All Access Pass

Rocht, thank you very much for your review and details! Please feel free to chime in NEXT YEAR, too, because, as you know, this will come up again!

Tell us more about what else you did while you were here. How did you like our blizzard? And how are the floods in your neck of the woods? I hope your loved ones and friends are ok.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: REVIEW:- Times Square New Years Eve All Access Pass

Thanks for the Majority of the positive posts guys - we have done LA, Vegas and New york and so far NYC is the one both my hubby and I love the most.

For us the vibe and ventures we have done here have been fantastic - although exausting at the same time,

Missed the blizzard by 3 days :)

The police in NYC were all really nice to us - they are promoting the NYPD to the rest of the country and world - especially if you were nice to them.

The experience of the All Access Pass was fantastic - even if we were to do this again - or for a first time - without getting to time square - it is a great way if in a social mood to get out and meet others - drinks and venues are included and if you do not like one place you can just move on...

For the sceptics out there - I know we were EXTREMELY lucky and I am not offiliated with the company whatsoever - I am just an aussie traveller reviewing our night as there is so much contraversy about these passes from the past.

Happy to fill people in more on our night at time goes on

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,168 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: REVIEW:- Times Square New Years Eve All Access Pass

I'm not a sceptic, just a realist, and urge people to make a choice, and also be aware that what happened to you, is going to be rare, and you were lucky.

For $250 though it was expensive, and you could have easily done a bar crawl around other areas of the city, paid a lot lot less (there are places that were free, and operated a standard cash bar!), and still had the social aspect.

One thing I don't get, so, just explain it to me is this line

"We worked out moving from one bar to another together as a group even though our tickets were not for the same time."

Does that mean you HAVE to keep moving on, regardless if you want to? What if you got to one of the bars, and just wanted to sit down, and not move? were you not able to do that because your tickets were timed, and that's it you had to move on.

M

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: REVIEW:- Times Square New Years Eve All Access Pass

timessquarepass.com

Has all the details.

Basically there are alot of bars involved - you do not have to move on to any bar you can just stay in the one place - we all wanted to.

The bar was not over crowded whatsoever - and as I said before majority of people who purchased this were out of towners who didn;t know their way around NYC.

The reason for the times on the tickets is so that the bars do not have evewryone coming to one bar at once

They allow you access to all different bars at a 1hr increment and allow you 2hrs to access this bar.

If your happy with the bar - you just stay