We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 women in new york in march, trying to put together itinery

London, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
5 women in new york in march, trying to put together itinery

need help in organising our week so not backwards and forwards over island, want to see and do as much as possible.

best shopping bargains

want to do sex and the city tour

best places to eat

any help greatly accepted

whats weather like in march

Edited: 05 January 2011, 20:52
New York Tour1
Walking Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Real New York Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
9\/11 Ground Zero Tour
Walking Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
SANDEMANs NEW Europe - New York
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 women in new york in march, trying to put together itinery

Your comments are really too general to help put together an itinerary for your trip. You need to do some research on NYC and then tell the DE's all the places you guys want to go. Then they can help you. Also........best places to eat........there are literally thousands. If you give budgets, area, and what type of food you would like to eat, people will be more likely to give you good advice. I would start by looking through some of the FAQ's to the right and doing some research on your own about NYC first. :O)

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,170 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 women in new york in march, trying to put together itinery

I'm gonna put my foot in it here. We're volunteers, and I doubt we're going to plan your whole vacation for you. I know you probably won't like that answer, and will say something like - well that's no help, but it's true. We're more than willing to help, but you do need to be a lot less vague.

If you want to do the sex and the city tour, book that then, and add it into your list.

if you search this site for shopping bargains, the same places will get stated, but what do you want to buy? Shopping at Century 21, isn't going to get you a good price on a new camera.

how much do you want to spend on food? some of the best places may cost upwards of $200 a meal. Is this in your budget

As for the weather. well, WHEN in March can be key to that. click this link - http://bit.ly/dTb0ZD - and i'm sure you'll find some info

M

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 women in new york in march, trying to put together itinery

"whats weather like in march"

You name it and it can happen. When travelling, I generally check historical averages, decide whether that weather is similar to a month where I live and then decide what to pack according to what I would wear given the same temps at home. Then I check to see for a couple of weeks ahead to see if the weather is normal, above or below the averages.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,378 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 women in new york in march, trying to put together itinery

On the right side of this page is a column titled "top questions on nyc" If you scan through, there's one that says what will the weather be like. There's another that should talk about discount shopping. At the top of this section is a "sticky" titled FAQ (just below how to use the forum) that will have even more info on shopping. There's a huge section in there on eating. The best way to use the forum is to be very specific and break up your questions. So, for ex, maybe one question on whatever it is you're asking about the SATC tour. There are a couple different cos. I think that do them. On eating, you have to either give us an area, a kind of food and/or budget. For shopping, what kind of things are you shopping for.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,378 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 women in new york in march, trying to put together itinery

PS this website and many other weather websites will give you historic temps for any place at any time

www.wunderground.com/tripplanner/index.asp

6. Re: 5 women in new york in march, trying to put together itinery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2011, 07:31