We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short stay rentals

ireland
Level Contributor
768 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Short stay rentals

I just want to say thank you to all the very knowledgable ppl who reply to questions here. Without reading advice you have given to others regarding short term rental, I might have gone down that route without realizing it's illegal. So thanks! Hotels might be more expensive but it's worth it for peace of mind!

New York, New York
Level Contributor
8,299 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short stay rentals

Hallelujah! Thanks for that!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
7,542 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short stay rentals

I'd like to thank you for this, as well. It's nice to hear from someone who took the advice as helpful guidance instead of as some sort of an insult.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short stay rentals

Amen, Brother.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,921 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Short stay rentals

Please let us know if you need help finding accommodation. There are plenty of apartment style hotels and b & b's that are legal and offer the same benefits of an apt. If you want help, post dates and budget.

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Short stay rentals

Good to hear. You made the right decision.

You can't imagine the heartbreak when people arrive from overseas only to learn that their pre-paid three bedroom penthouse luxury apartment was a scam and the doorman tells them there is no such place and they're the third people today who have shown up looking for the non-existent place.

We're all very happy to help if you have any other questions about New York City. You'll have a great time here.

ireland
Level Contributor
768 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Short stay rentals

Thanks lads! I've actually booked the room mate grace hotel from 17th til 24th feb. Wasn't going to go quite so close to times square but it's our first time. Plus it's gotten good reviews, looks quite nice and it's €150 per nite ex tax incl breakfast. Not a bad deal I reckon!

7. Re: Short stay rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2011, 05:17