We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP! - Need help/opinions quick

sussex, england
Level Contributor
83 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
HELP! - Need help/opinions quick

Hi all you very helpful people who have given me so much advice so far regarding our first trip to New York at the end of this month. Its to celebrate my 50th birthday and I have a dilemma. Have booked to stay at the Fitzpatrick Grand Central in a King Junior Suite, no prepay and cancellable up to day prior to arrival but have just seen same type of room at Vincci Avalon for a lot less and upgraded room for about about same price as Fitzpatrick. However not many left, hence quick replies needed. Both locations look good. Anyone got any advice or stayed at either/both to recommend which I should go for. Many Thanks and Happy New Year.

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP! - Need help/opinions quick

I'll bump you up.

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP! - Need help/opinions quick

Page NYwiz for help!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,250 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP! - Need help/opinions quick

I think the Avalon location is MUCH better in terms of being in proximity to many different train lines, Koreatown food, shopping, and walking distance to Union Square if you're in shape.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,153 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP! - Need help/opinions quick

I hate to say this, but without actual dates, and a budget you're aiming for, how do we know which is a better hotel.

After my whinge, I'd have to agree that the Avalon is a better location, but that's my opinion, and it really depends what you're going to do in NYC, as to which location is better. If you're going to do broadway show after broadway show, then maybe the Fitzpatrick is better.

Swings and Roundabouts as I'd say.

sussex, england
Level Contributor
83 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP! - Need help/opinions quick

Thank you for your replies. Have now booked both, Avalon still comes up cheaper at $943 for 6 nights as opposed to $1185 Fitpatrick, both Junior suites. Will do some more research as to which one to go for. We wanna see everything, who doesn't ! Just starting on an itinerary.

6. Re: HELP! - Need help/opinions quick

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2011, 05:18