We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valentines day restaurants

Liverpool, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Valentines day restaurants

Hi, I will be over with my girlfriend Feb 11th-Feb 15th and have booked a couple of things already. Got knicks vs lakers tickets for the 11th at the garden, and Lion King broadway tickets for 8pm 12th, really hoping you guys could help me book somewere nice for valentines day.

Looking online I can see Chef Ramsays's restaurant and also the revolving marriot restaurant, how are these and which would you suggest? If not please feel free to make other suggestions. Im after somewere thats nice and romantic and possibly with a nice view.

Thanks in advance.

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Valentines day restaurants

Chef Ramsey is no longer associated with that place he was run out of town and the food at the View is not that good but I can understand why once someone might find that romantic because of the view. It is generally recommended for desserts.

The place that comes up with both good food and a view most often is the

River Cafe in Brooklyn. It may be sold out already though for Valentines day

Edited: 07 January 2011, 12:11
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Valentines day restaurants

Hey Mills1878:-) You may want to check out Asiate in the Madarin Oriental at Columbus Circle..there's also www.terraceinthesky.com/ w/great views of Central Park from the Northern end;-) Enjoy!

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Valentines day restaurants

The View was just ok and in my humble opinion not worth the money you pay. Also you would have to be sure that it was a clear night - when we went it was raining and you couldn't see very much beyond the closest buildings, which means you're sort of missing out on its main selling point.

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Valentines day restaurants

I agree with Bil about the View, don't waste your money. The food is not that great, but the view of the city is wonderful. I would also recommend going for cocktails before dinner or for dessert. :O) River Cafe is very good and romantic, but like Bil also said, it may already be booked. :o(

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Valentines day restaurants

For Valentine's Day, River Cafe only accepts reservations one month in advance (by phone or in person), which means it's not booked up yet, but you'll need to be very fast out of the blocks on January 14th to get a reservation.

Edited: 07 January 2011, 14:20
Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Valentines day restaurants

That's great info Crans. I would definitely go with the River Cafe'. :O)

7. Re: Valentines day restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2011, 06:19