We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Earl of Sandwich

Essex
Level Contributor
331 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Earl of Sandwich

Hi all,

we are hoping to visit Katz Deli on our visit in Feb. i couldn't see from their website what time they are open. does anyone know roughly their open hours please?

Also when we visit Florida we love going to Earl of Sandwich and wondered if anyone knew if there were any open in NY or plans to open one in NY. Now i expect that there are many other places to get a good sandwhich but we have had good food from this franchise before so just wondered if there was one in NY as we would want to have a lunch there one day.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :) Gem.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Earl of Sandwich

Katz's open at 8am every day. They close at 9:45pm on Mondays and Tuesdays, 10:45pm on Sundays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, and 2:45am on Fridays and Saturdays.

No, there are no locations of Earl of Sandwich here, but the city is overflowing with great sandwiches. Here's a guide from NY Mag to the 101 best:

…grubstreet.com/2010/05/the_101_best_sandwic…

And another guide from Serious Eats:

…seriouseats.com/2010/11/best-sandwiches-in-…

(Full disclosure: we write a column for Serious Eats, but had nothing to do with the sandwich one.)

Edited: 07 January 2011, 13:59
Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,348 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Earl of Sandwich

When I was there in November I saw a billboard in Times Square that said an Earl of Sandwich was opening in 2011. I also love this chain as we do not have it here in Vancouver.

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Earl of Sandwich

New York City tries to avoid chains that you can get elsewhere. With 22,000 restaurants in the city I am sure there are some that make sandwiches just as good. That would be like coming here and heading straight to Subway (the sandwich chain) because you like it at home. Why not try something else ? You paid a lot of money to get here and stay here.

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,232 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Earl of Sandwich

Crans, thanks for those links!!! i'm looking at 101 delicious sandwiches....I wonder how many we can fit into a week? Taim's falafel is a must ^_^

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Earl of Sandwich

Here's a link to a very brief article about Earl of Sandwich opening in NYC. As of Nov 2010, location not made known (but I'm guessing it must be someplace in Times Square area if the billboard is there).

…zagat.com/earl-of-sandwiches-coming-to-nyc

I really hope they did they research......

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,232 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Earl of Sandwich

Wow Crans, there are some serious sandwiches in that link you posted.

I will just have to plan another trip to NYC to sample some of them:-))

7. Re: Earl of Sandwich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2011, 05:18