We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! looking for a hotel" skyscraper "

Paris, France
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Help! looking for a hotel" skyscraper "

Hello, I"m looking for a hotel that gives a view " skyscraper ", price per night less than 200 €, located in Manhattan, thanksyou!

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
137 reviews
from US$175.00*
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,113 reviews
from US$199.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
996 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,386 reviews
from US$36.00*
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,947 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! looking for a hotel" skyscraper "

Since prices fluctuate dramatically by date, in order to answer your question one would have to know when you're visiting. We deal in US dollars, not euros and I don't keep track of the current exchange rate. What floor do you consider "skyscraper"? 20? 30? higher?

Some hotels I think could fit your budget and offer good views from high floors

>The Distrikt

>Ink 48

>Millenium UN Plaza

>the Standard

>Millenium Hilton

>Ritz Carlton Battery Park

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! looking for a hotel" skyscraper "

If you book a place you had better check with them because you can end up on a high floor in some places and have a view of the wall 5 feet away. There are no guarantees only guesses here

Paris, France
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! looking for a hotel" skyscraper "

Thank you very much, I want to visit New York in April or March, above 30th floor is good. the pricel should be less than $ 300

Paris, France
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! looking for a hotel" skyscraper "

THANKS, I agree with you, so maybe I'll arrange a night and stay longer if the room is good enough

Meadow Lands...
Level Contributor
1,835 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help! looking for a hotel" skyscraper "

GJie,

It has been my experience that if you tell the person who checks you in (nicely) that you are willing to WAIT for a room with a good view, he or she will generally try to oblige you - - assuming the hotel is not teeming with guests. Also make a point of requesting a view when you make your reservation. In August we stayed on the 41st floor of the Sheraton Towers and had a great view.

Hope you find exactly what you are looking for.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,947 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help! looking for a hotel" skyscraper "

Tripadvisor used to list # of rooms and # of floors in the details of each hotel. I notice they now just list the rooms and not how many floors each has. In March or April you should find plenty of options under $300 with views. I'd keep an eye on

travelzoo.com

travel-ticker.com

for specials.

kayak.com

quikbook.com

oyster.com

are other sites to check for pricing.

The Millenium Broadway can often be booked at a discount by using the code zoo. Most rooms there will have a good view.

London, United...
Level Contributor
166 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Help! looking for a hotel" skyscraper "

Hi, we stayed at the New Yorker last year - I booked through expedia and in the extra info box requested a room with a view. We got a room on 36th floor with a great view of downtown manhattan, it was fantastic, especially at night and I would recommend the hotel, we loved it.

Wherever you choose I suggest you request that you would like a high floor and a view when booking. Enjoy your trip.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Help! looking for a hotel" skyscraper "

HELLO FINEMIND,

Thanks for ur suggestion. I will do what u said, but in NY it will be more expensive booking directly by telephone than internet? Because in France, it is 20%to 30% more

Paris, France
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Help! looking for a hotel" skyscraper "

HI NYWHIZ;

Thanks again for ur informations :)

I love NY even I have never been there, Travelling in NY is my dream, so I hope It will be a wonderful trip.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Help! looking for a hotel" skyscraper "

Gemmanic,

Thanks, I have checked The New Yorker hotel, It's very good. I thinks u can choose view river or city, no? which type of room have u booked?