We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport from jfk

ireland
Level Contributor
768 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Public transport from jfk

Could someone please tell me the best way to go from JFK to 125 west 45th street? (hotel grace). It'll be Thursday 17th of feb at approx 2pm if that makes any difference! We would like to try to avoid taking a taxi if possible. Will have 2 medium and 1 small piece of luggage between us.

Thank you.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transport from jfk

The FAQ page on airport transfers is the first question in the "Top Questions" bar to the right of your post. It explains all of your options. In case you can't see it, here it is:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60763-s301/New-York-…

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public transport from jfk

Very easy to do.

Simply take the JFK AirTrain in the direction of Jamaica. It stops inside each terminal and is very clearly marked.

Alight at Jamaica (last stop) and purchase your fare card there.

Follow the signs to the E train (it is a big circular blue emblem). Visit www.mta.info if you'd like to get a visual of the subway map and stuff.

Take the E train to 42nd Street and walk. Alternatively, for a shorter walk - simply get off the E train at the Forest Hills or Kew Gardens (or even Jackson Heights) stations. The E and the F run on the same track and follow one another from Kew Gardens through Forest Hills and to Jackson Heights. The F train station at 42nd Street / 6th Avenue is even closer to your hotel than the E train station at 42nd Street / 8th Avenue.

The JFK AirTrain is $5.00 per person and the subway is $2.50 for a single ride and less when you purchase a multi ride or unlimited ride MetroCard.

ireland
Level Contributor
768 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public transport from jfk

Thank u. That seems clear. We will be purchasing a 7 day metro card. Can we do that at jamaica? Also, I presume the airtrain is $5 and isn't covered by the 7 day pass? Is there any limit regarding luggage on the subway or do ppl do this all the time? I'm guessing at the time we'll be travelling it shouldn't be too busy.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I was really a bit stuck as to where to get off the E train. Hopefully when I look at a map, it will be obvious where the hotel is from there!

First time in new York! Can u tell!? ;-)

4. Re: Public transport from jfk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2012, 01:16