We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Still snow on the ground?

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
511 posts
Save Topic
Still snow on the ground?

I know that most New Yorkers are OVER the snow and cold for this winter but I'm wondering if there is any snow left on the ground. We are coming tomorrow morning and staying until Sunday night for my daughter's 16th birthday. While I was born and raised near Buffalo (and saw my fair share of snow), my Florida raised daughter has never seen snow! The forecast doesn't look good for snow this weekend, so we are hoping that we may see a little on the ground at least. I can't believe with record breaking snow this year and we pick the 4 days with NO snow. We will still have a fantastic time as always, but snow would be a great birthday present! Thanks, only 1 more sleep!!!

1. Re: Still snow on the ground?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 March 2011, 08:47
Edited: 27 March 2011, 08:47
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,485 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Still snow on the ground?

It's on the ground but not very attractive on the streets at this point. Be careful what you wish for. ;)

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Still snow on the ground?

Take it away Mr. Zappa...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Crwu7zIJ7Oo

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
511 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Still snow on the ground?

Thanks guys, she will be happy with what's on the ground in the parks.

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Still snow on the ground?

While the streets are largely cleared in Manhattan, out here in Queens there is still plenty at the curb, and it's about a foot or more deep on any area of grass (such as a lawn or a park.) If she wants to see snow, take her to the amazing Panorama at the Queens Museum in Flushing Meadows Park;

queensmuseum.org/exhibitions/visitpanorama

just walking from the #7 train she will see acres of the stuff.

Brewster, New York
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Still snow on the ground?

Central Park should have what you're lookin for!

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
434 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Still snow on the ground?

Central Park looked magical a week ago!!

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Still snow on the ground?

Yeah, my front yard is magical too, come up to central Connecticut for your fill of snow...........

I have 50 inches of natural and 10/15 feet of mounded snow which the plows graciously placed in my yard........

However, stick with CP - there will be snow there for several more weeks, at least.

A tired and disgusted receiver of too much of the white stuff.....

Don't mind me!

Poppa

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
434 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Still snow on the ground?

Right Poppa. Here's an idea for you. Open you house and front yard to idiot's like me who want to see snow. Charge $50 for the privilege of shoveling your front yard. You'' make a killing I swear.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,727 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Still snow on the ground?

Georgie is right Poppa (Post#9). When we visited NYC & VA at Christmas, my husband was delighted to shovel the snow from his brother's driveway for him. Thoroughly enjoyed himself for a couple of hours. The fact that he knew he would probably never do it again was also another reason why he enjoyed it so much. There are many such sad Aussie cases around you know :-)

Edited: 10 February 2011, 05:21