We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bed bugs

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
60 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Bed bugs

What is going on with the bed bugs New York. My husband told me that he wants me to go on a company trip with him to NY next month. I check out our Hotel the Mandarin Oriental on Bedbugregistry.com and they have a notice that they are being threated with legal action from the hotel lawyers for posting a bed bug report. Now I am worried. A five star hotel, with bed bugs. Any thoughts on this N Y.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
759 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bed bugs

This question was just answered within the past 24 hours. Take a look at this post (which lists other posts on the same topic):

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k4241100…

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bed bugs

Anyone who bothers to read the crap on bed bug registry (undocumented reports) should just stay home where guess what you probably also have bed bugs--- do you think a place like the the Mandarin would not do something about the problem if it were found--- please use a little common sense---

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
60 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bed bugs

Thank you, your response was your was very helpful.

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
2,568 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bed bugs

As said, bed bugs are everywhere. You can't live your life in fear and not travel. Just go prepared with knowledge about what to look for.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
380 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bed bugs

It had been a while since another bed bug question..........

New York, NY
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bed bugs

Disclimer: I work at a hotel

Any location can get bed bugs, they can arrive on luggage, boxes, food deliveries, etc, etc. It's not an issue of cleanlieness, and there really is not a treatment that keeps them away, at least not one that could reasonably be done. So the important thing is the hotel's resonse to the issue. Many places take a proactive approach, examining rooms before each check-in and using various procedures to minimize the possibility of these pests.

But even with that, they can get thru. The good news (if there is any) is that they don't carry desease, the bad news is that they are tenatious. Cold (under 32F - 0C) kills them, as does the heat from a cloths dryer. Because of that I usually keep my vaction clothing separate until I can launder them when returning home.

7. Re: Bed bugs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2012, 07:16