We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My first basketball experience

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
965 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
My first basketball experience

We're coming to New York in early April and i would really like to experience a basketball game for the first time,what would be the best game to go and see as i believe the knicks are playing against Cleveland on the Sunday and Toronto on the Tuesday..

Which are the best of these two teams and what would be the best atmosphere ?

Many thanks

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: My first basketball experience

Cleveland have the worst record in the league......Toronto are only slightly better! lol

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My first basketball experience

Both Cleveland and Toronto are sucktastic. But, the Knicks have just completed a blockbuster trade to bring Carmelo Anthony back home to New York. They are also making their first playoff push in a decade. Expect the price of tickets, even for these games, to rise.

Another option is to see college basketball at the Garden. Catch a St. John's game which will also provide you with lots of spirit and excitement. The Red Storm are HOT this year, and have cracked the national top 25 for the first time in a decade. See a theme here?

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: My first basketball experience

There is also the Post season NIT tournament being held at the Madison Square Garden on the 29th and 31st of March.

chicago
Level Contributor
814 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My first basketball experience

see Cleveland than you are assured a WIN! Have fun, BBall in person is lots of fun!

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My first basketball experience

Mel -- see a theme ? yes I do two teams both excited about some success that will be eliminated early in their respective playoffs. For the OP--- I think you would have found the excitement of college basketball at a higher pitch than the professionals . but I think the season will be over in Early April when you come so your only hope would be the Knicks.

6. Re: My first basketball experience

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 12:15