We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Paramount Times Square for mom and teens?

Nashville
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Topic
The Paramount Times Square for mom and teens?

My two teen aged daughters and I are planning a Memorial Day weekend trip to NYC. We are celebrating their birthdays. We want to stay somewhere funky and fun, close to subway access. We have no preference to which part of the city, as we enjoy exploring. I have found a deal for $124 per night/2 dbl beds for our travel dates, which seems like a fabulous deal to me.

Does The Paramount Hotel sound like a reasonable hotel for what we are seeking?

Thanks!

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
147 Reviews
from US$175.00*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...
1,170 Reviews
from US$57.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
1,056 Reviews
from US$83.99*
NYC Empire State Observatory...
2,417 Reviews
from US$37.00*
Manhattan
Level Contributor
9,246 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Paramount Times Square for mom and teens?

If you three are comfortable in very small rooms it is.

texas
Level Contributor
174 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Paramount Times Square for mom and teens?

I stayed there in a room with two teenagers,loved it! It was funky and a great location for exploring New York City

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,401 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Paramount Times Square for mom and teens?

I have a hard time believing that $124/night price is for 3 people. Are you sure there aren't extra person fees? Where did you find the price? If it's true, it's a good deal but as ztaks says, their rooms are infamously small and the bathrooms even more so. You should have a look at "travelers photos" on the review page here. If it turns out the price is wrong (I'd really like to know where you found it), there are a number of hotels where you can find 2 queen beds rather than 2 doubles or even a king with sofabed. I personally would prefer a less funky hotel with more comfortable sleeping arrangements/bathroom and there are usually good deals for Memorial Day weekend. Also, if you don't really care where you stay, I wouldn't pick the Times Square area, I'd pick some place more interesting. The Best Western Seaport and the Hampton Inn Seaport both at the South St. Seaport have rooms with 2 queen beds and include a free cont. breakfast. Memorial Day weekend is part of Fleet Week where ships/sailors from around the world dock in NYC. Being at the Seaport would be great fun and it's closer to the young areas of Greenwich Village, Soho, Tribeca, the Lower East Side than the touristy Times Square.

Banbury, United...
Level Contributor
298 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Paramount Times Square for mom and teens?

We have booked this same hotel through booking.com and we got a room for $794 taxes included for 4 nights at the end of May for a superior queen room.

The online price has gone up a lot since we booked it,but our price is gaurenteed.

Not to concerned about the size of the room (15 square metres) as all we will be doing is sleeping in it.

5. Re: The Paramount Times Square for mom and teens?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 10:20