We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

upper west side

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
421 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
upper west side

Hi again,

sorry to be such a pain regarding booked accommodation but, have gotton such a good deal with a reputable hotel site for the Belleclaire HOtel that i am beginning to doubt that it is as promised.......ie..standard full double room with shower/tub......$950 (six nights incl., taxes)

............as i only want clean room with my own shower am i being duped.......I regularly book uws hotels on this site but somehow i think this offer may be too good to be true. Please tell me i am being over anxious. I booked it so early due to offer i was being made.....Currently i have the option of cancelling. THanks

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: upper west side

The hotel is fine-- what are your dates of travel--- pricing can vary greatly depending on time of year.. what site did you book with and is it prepaid non cancel which can also affect pricing.

that is $158 a night which is not outrageous for that location and just an ok deal

Edited: 06 March 2011, 15:17
new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: upper west side

Finally--- I would call the hotel directly to confirm the reservation and the rate. If it is legitimate they should be able to confirm..

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,017 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: upper west side

Perhaps the reputable hotel site is not so reputable OR just simply mistaken. The "standard" rooms at the Belleclaire to my knowledge have shared bathroom. Only those that are superior or above have private bathroom.

http://belleclairehotel.com/rooms.php

You should PHONE the hotel and get clarification.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,017 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: upper west side

Notice on "cons" first listing

oyster.com/new-york-city/…2011-06-04

Birkenhead, United...
Level Contributor
832 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: upper west side

Sorry if I have made you a bit jumpy with my experience with the reservations at Belleclaire, as NYWHIZ says contact the hotel and as long as you get a reservation number and find out what tyrpe of room you are getting it shoud be ok. Sometimes hotels do loose reservations (not often) and maybe thats what happened to mine, as if was 12 months in advance. I was told the the email was sufficent, which obviously it wasn,t. The hotel itselft is nice and in a great area

Birkenhead, United...
Level Contributor
832 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: upper west side

Sorry bilmin09, it was you who said contact the hotel.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
421 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: upper west side

THank you for replying. I know i have got a bargain but have had many emails telling me that such as price must mean an awful hotel and no private bath/shower facilities. If that is the case then its not a good deal to me. I know the area well and love it but perhaps i should wait a while and look at on the ave, the beacon, lucerne or another hotel on cpw who's name i cant quite remember at the minuite....... I just love the area

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
421 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: upper west side

thanks to all. Sent hotel email yesterday to confirm reservation but as their websites says their response will be made within 48 hours - business days i guess it will be tomorrow before i hear back..... maybe i am being over anxious but recession means that we all have to be conscious about spending money. I know NYC is expensive but i just love it so much i cant wait for each trip......and i say that after at least annual or biannual trips over the past 20years...........................my ideal is to sit in a diner on the UWS with a coffee and just watch........incredible....and thank you new yorkers

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
421 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: upper west side

I have booked a Standard full.......which i was told has a shower rather than bathroom which i dont mind. But, until i hear directly from the hotel online comments have said that standard full may mean shared bathroom.....this is my nightmare......i await ta advice and will report resonse from hotel tomorrow......thank you again all.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,017 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: upper west side

I don't understand why you don't just PICK UP THE PHONE. It's possible the room has it's own shower but a shared toilet. You could get an email answer that still leaves some questions. You won't know unless you actually speak to someone. I would PHONE them tomorrow and ask to speak to the manager. Then you will know.